Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-01-2012, 08:07 PM   #1 
Anitax3x

Dillemma !

okay SO ! I have two divided tanks, one is divided 4 ways, the other 3, I'm thinking of making them BOTH divided 2 ways, simply because I have been running into some fin biting issues.

So, what do you guys think I should do? Ive got sponge filters running in these tanks, fake& live plants, and Ive got heaters. I'm just not sure how to fix the tail biting without taking the boys further away from each other.

Anywho anyone who has suggestions, help me out!

I have boys who , have gorgeous fins for a long time, then decide to bite them to crap. then they grow back.. I'm just not entirely sure what to do. And I want the best for them.

Another question
what do you guys think of internal filters? my sponge filters are making lots of noise and are driving me NUTS!
thanks again!
Anitax3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:15 AM   #2 
Anitax3x

LOL thanks guys
Old 02-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #3 
Bombalurina

How large are the tanks?

It is quite possible that the fin biting is not related to being near the other guys - if they have lovely long fins, it may be that they are just too heavy. What is the current like from your sponge filters? Do you have a valve in the airline so you can turn it down?

I'm a massive fan of the Hagen Fluval range. I have the U1 and U2 internal filters running in my tank. They are completely silent. They are a bit violent, but I baffled them by fixing the lid of a breeder trap in front of the outflow, which is working really well.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:43 PM   #4 
Anitax3x

They're 10 gal tanks, and they have valves keeping the flow minimal. Hmm maybe that's why. I just don't know why they keep them for so long then decide to bite
Them