Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #1 
lexylex0526

Exclamation Not Eating!!:(:(

My betta Landin, has not and will not eat! He has been sick recentley but I've been treating him and he seems to be responding well. But even before he was sick he still wouldn't eat. He spat out all the pellets I've put in, and when I put in a bloodworm he will SOMETIMES eat it. I'm so worried that he might be get even more sick from malnutrion..ANY ADVICE WILL HELP!!!!!!!!
lexylex0526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:33 PM   #2 
chrissylee13

how long have you had him?
what was he sick with/how long have you been treating him?
chrissylee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:36 PM   #3 
lexylex0526

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissylee13 View Post
how long have you had him?
what was he sick with/how long have you been treating him?
I've had him for about three weeks. He is an extreme tail biter and I've been treating for about a week and a half.
lexylex0526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:14 PM   #4 
JBosley

I hope he starts to eat! I'm having the same problem, except my Betta seems fine. Let us know how he does!!
JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:15 PM   #5 
flowerslegacy

Hi Lexylex056 - Would you be able to answer a few questions?

You mention that you've had your betta for about 3 weeks and that he's been sick. You said you've been treating him for about a week and a half and then you stated that he's a tail biter.

Tail biting is usually a sign of stress or general boredom. Sometimes if a betta is housed in too small of a tank, they can even bite their tails by accident during feeding time. There isn't a treatment for tail biting, other than clean water to insure the open bite marks do not become infected.
Can you elaborate on your bettas sickness? Is it just tailbiting? What and how have your treated your betta? Have you been using meds? If so, what type and how long? How big is your tank?

One of my new bettas didn't eat for a 11 straight days. Usually lack of appetite in a new betta is due to the new environment and they need a time of adjustment. Give us a few more details and then we can better instruct you. In the meantime, I wouldn't worry too much about his appetite. When he's hungry and ready to eat, he will. If he isn't eating because of an illness, we can help you decipher the issue and then you'll need to open a thread in the "Disease" section for better direction.
flowerslegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:16 AM   #6 
Silverfang

You said you've been treating him, just wondering with what? If you are using aquarium salt, please be advised, it's safest not to keep them in it for more than 10 days.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote