Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-07-2012, 02:00 PM   #11 
ChelseaK

Thank you! She commented on my last tumor problem. I'm going to start working on cleaning that tank, just water and vinegar. Dumping all of the gravel though. If you think bleaching the tank and decor is necessary, let me know.
ChelseaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:20 PM   #12 
Sakura8

Hot water/vinegar should be okay. Most forms of parasites and bacteria can't survive for long without a host anyway.

I got a reply from OFL and she says that since different species are involved, she thinks it might be external parasites in the tank. Based on that, I would suggest you try a product like Hikari HealthAid PraziPro or General Cure.

Here's her exact reply:

While anything is possible......and especially if the fish are related and came from the same fish room....possible it is a tumor issue, however, more probable especially since it is different species involved would be external parasites of some type...since all the fish are symptomatic....its environment related or a new fish added that was not QT that was infected-infecting the tank would be my best guess....
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote