Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #11 
onemanswarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissylee13 View Post
Ryuu died. he was just continuing to regress no matter what i did. the water he was in would turn yellow so fast even after changing it.

the others are a lot better. they're eating. swimming around more. my HM is still pretty clamped. but his personality is back. my VT is less clamped but he's not eating as much.
Sorry to hear it. Hope the rest of the clan pulls through for you!
onemanswarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #12 
chrissylee13

thanks! and me too!!!
chrissylee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:23 PM   #13 
Draug Isilme

Sorry to hear about Ryuu as well... but I'm glad your fish are doing a bit better... I'm kinda worried about your HM since he's still clamped- maybe your veiltail still feels a bit cold and while he's adjusting since he's probably still cold then his metabolism might be a bit slower(?) I dunno, just a guess..
Draug Isilme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:26 PM   #14 
chrissylee13

well, they are pooping. lol but i turned the temp up yesterday to 80. if i turn it up a little more does anyone think they'll feel any better?
Old 02-06-2012, 07:08 PM   #15 
Draug Isilme

I think you should keep it at 80. The only time you need it any hotter is if they have any other ailments that need to be treated at higher temps. You should probably just stick with the waiting game and see how they do after sitting in the warmth for a few more days... I imagine it would end up stressing them even more if you uped the temp 'cause then they'd go from comfortable, freezing, back to comfortable, and then hot within a small time period... sounds like too much fluctuation in my opinion >.< Especially since their health seems a bit on the low side atm..
Old 02-06-2012, 09:50 PM   #16 
chrissylee13

yeah good point. i just wasn't sure if it'd help at all! they seem pretty good. getting a little better every day.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:13 AM   #17 
onemanswarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissylee13 View Post
well, they are pooping. lol but i turned the temp up yesterday to 80. if i turn it up a little more does anyone think they'll feel any better?
I agree with Draug. The more consistent the better right now.

Here's a crazy question since you brought up the poop. In 6+ weeks, I have NEVER seen my betta poop. Is this cause for concern? Does he just appreciate the value of a little privacy? I'm assuming he does poop because everything else seems perfectly normal (he eats, swims, makes bubble nests, flares at his reflection) and I do fast him one day a week. Just seems weird that I never see him "dangling a deuce" if you will.
onemanswarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:50 PM   #18 
Draug Isilme

xD If it helps, usually when I see my betta poop, he doesn't 'dangle' any 'deuces' lol... They come out more like the pellets I feed him >.>...... weird... But yeah, since your fish isn't showing any ill effects and so long as he doesn't seem uber bloated he probably does poop when you're not looking. Sometimes when you siphon/clean your tank, you might be able to see little round things or something like that- try keeping an eye out then; especially if he's the only one in the tank and you don't have any algae problems or anything like that...
Old 02-07-2012, 04:17 PM   #19 
chrissylee13

ha i've never seen my Frosty poop either. i just find it. lol. but good news, they've both loosened up a lot since i left this morning! still a tiny bit clamped buy their fins are wiggling now and their body movement is mostly normal. yay! :]
Old 02-07-2012, 05:23 PM   #20 
Draug Isilme

Wh00ts!! Congrats chrissy!! ^.^