Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-09-2012, 01:07 AM   #41 
LittleBettas

Its okay.... Im going to try to contact her and a few other people who breed.... thank you though
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:09 PM   #42 
LittleBettas

UPDATE
Feb. 9th 2012
12pm

On the reccomendation of a member, I decided to "trash" this spawn, thinking it a loss with only 5 fry and the tank full of fungis eggs, I removed the lid that the nest had been, as I began removing the eggs, I made the decision to let Smudge back into the tank to help remove the fry while I sucked up the rest of the icky eggs with the turket baster.... an hour later I return to the room to check on him to find him picking up fry and putting them back in the nest....
I've decided to let him do his thing and let nature take its course for these miracle babies

The awesome dad (you can barely see one of the fry in the right hand corner... he has an other in his mouth)

Again... you can see on fry in the right hand corner... faintly... he has two more the tossed out right after this picture

Old 02-09-2012, 04:00 PM   #43 
tpocicat

I am so glad Smudge decided to be a good dad! There still may be more than you think. Best of luck. *Sending lucky vibes your way*
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:49 PM   #44 
LittleBettas

Thank you tpocicat.... one of the fry that I saw earlier has a bent spine, I went ahead and culled him/her and now Smudge has moved the two other fry to the back of the tank... he is working on a new nest in the front though so Im hoping he will move them back so I can keep an eye on them....
Old 02-09-2012, 10:25 PM   #45 
LittleBettas

Feb. 9th
11pm
Merle is doing great, the tear in her fin has regrowth and she is once again fat, she seems to of had a great jump back from the spawn so over the weekend I will be rearranging the sorority and making plans to place her back in...
Smudge is proving to be a great dad, Im happy to say that he has moved the babies back to the front of the tank after creating a beautiful and thick nest, he is kept busy tossing fry back in the nest, I do not have a def, count of the number as I only have seen two fall at any given period and I suspect he may still be keeping a few in the back of the tank (not putting all of his eggs in one basket XD)
Def. impressed with his come back as a dad after my oops rooky mistake...

Its hard to get a picture of them now as now as soon as they fall from the nest Smudge is shoving them back in a piling bubbles on them XD over protective daddy

Im falling!!!!!

going to throw a baby in the nest... naughty kids XD

view of the nest and dad... catching a runaway, lol

and... Daddy and ME!

Old 02-10-2012, 12:31 AM   #46 
bettalover2033

I love seeing your pictures. The whole log seems very warm and comfortable. Especially when reading the dated updates. I probably will do the same. You write it like its a diary.Just make a dated update. To me it seems more organized.

The pictures are really nice and I can't get enough of Smudge.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:35 AM   #47 
EvilVOG

love their colors. That's the kind of marble i hope to get into someday.
EvilVOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:44 AM   #48 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
I love seeing your pictures. The whole log seems very warm and comfortable. Especially when reading the dated updates. I probably will do the same. You write it like its a diary.Just make a dated update. To me it seems more organized.

The pictures are really nice and I can't get enough of Smudge.

Aw thank you!!
I wasn't originially planning to update like this, but my spawn just seemed to happen SO fast and so much was going on that the constant updates were the only way to really keep it all organized.... not to mention I like the idea of people having "background" on bettas they purchase... I won't be selling any from this spawn as all have homes (plus some :-/) my next one or the one after I will be though.... def. a spawn with this pair...
He has turned out GORGEOUS, I was bidding on a green lace brother of his but the breeder emailed me to say he had started having issues so he would not be for sale (he was one of the early jar ones and is having SBD issues), she did offer that I could purchase another of his brothers with a sister... and I AM tempted, lol, she has a similar looking boy to Smudge I have had my eye on <3

ANYWAY...
XD getting ready to post a very... interesting update... trying to get pictures in order
Old 02-10-2012, 12:45 AM   #49 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilVOG View Post
love their colors. That's the kind of marble i hope to get into someday.

Thank you and good luck Im looking for a few more marbles so I can continue breeding marbles....
Old 02-10-2012, 12:54 AM   #50 
LittleBettas

Feb. 9th
1:46pm
This update is a bit late.... but I had a very interesting experiance....

As I stated earlier, I had been planning to cull this spawn thinking it a failure... I released Smudge back into the tank thinking he would eat some of the fry and I began using a turkey baser to suck up the eggs with fungus that had fallen to the ground (plus some poop from Smudge), since I was culling the spawn I simply put this stuff and water into an empty glass jar inbetween my sorority and the spawn tank.... well... once I realized that Smudge was not eating the fry, but instead caring for them and eating the eggs I had missed... I began sifting through the jar of ickiness with little hope since I had sucked the water and dumped it carelessly into an empty jar with no heat...
Well... a little fry was in it... and he/she was alive
I used a medicine dropper to remove him/her, as soon as I put the medcine dropper into the spawn tank Smudge came over, as soon as I released the little guy, Smudge grabbed him and shoved him in the nest... at first the fry kept falling but Smudged kept picking him up and tossing him back in... 5 minutes later (yes, I timed it), the little fry was holding his own and swimming up if he fell <3
and I got some decent pictures of him before Smudge decided to move him deeper into the nest

"little dude"

"Little dude" with Daddy watching over him (Im entering this photo in the photo contest)