Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-17-2012, 12:00 AM   #61 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettas View Post
Thank you all
Today (actually about an hour ago) was the first time I could get Smudge away from his nest... he has been sitting under an empty nest since the eighth.... he hasn't eaten since then (not even the remaining rotten eggs, I had to siphon them out), he has completely ignored me, whether I was rearranging the tank, removing plants, or even removing him, he has refused to eat... I knew that dads could get "depressed" after removed from their fry... but watching him sit under an empty nest and stare at it like he was waiting, I had to feel bad... he truly will be a great dad, I have learned a lot from this experiance yes.... but Smudge has also begun to build AMAZING nest....
and even more interesting..... I have caught Merle building minnie nests in the sorority.... has anyone else had this?

(Cells dieing, I'll try to post pictures tomorrow....)
If you can catch a video of her doing this I would love to see proof that female bettas can build nests.

I usually am not the see it to believe it kind of person, but I have never been able to see female "on tape" blow a bubblenest so therefor I dont believe it is exactly that she is building one.

I heard multiple experiences, but it just doesnt go right in my head...Would you be able to get a video possibly?
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:15 PM   #62 
tpocicat

I'm sorry it didn't work out this time, but you should have much better luck next time. Consider this a practice run for your bettas.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:26 PM   #63 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
If you can catch a video of her doing this I would love to see proof that female bettas can build nests.

I usually am not the see it to believe it kind of person, but I have never been able to see female "on tape" blow a bubblenest so therefor I dont believe it is exactly that she is building one.

I heard multiple experiences, but it just doesnt go right in my head...Would you be able to get a video possibly?
Sadly, with my new phone, I CAN get a video, but I have no way of posting it, emailing, or texting it to somoene my next big purchase will be a bigger card for my phone (I can't even get the spawning pictures I took of the pair off the phone)
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:31 PM   #64 
purplemuffin

Can your phone send emails? You can attach pictures into the emails and check them online
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:39 PM   #65 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Sadly, with my new phone, I CAN get a video, but I have no way of posting it, emailing, or texting it to somoene my next big purchase will be a bigger card for my phone (I can't even get the spawning pictures I took of the pair off the phone)
What kind of phone do you have? If it is an android you can download photobucket or youtube and upload it there.

Also I think you can get an adapter and put your memory card in there and put it in a laptop.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:20 PM   #66 
tpocicat

My daughter's BF has an adapter that he uses to load pics from my camera and phone onto the computer for me.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:33 PM   #67 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplemuffin View Post
Can your phone send emails? You can attach pictures into the emails and check them online
It can send emails, but no matter what I do, how short I make the video (I tried a 1 sec vid) it says the video is to long to email
Old 02-17-2012, 04:35 PM   #68 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
What kind of phone do you have? If it is an android you can download photobucket or youtube and upload it there.

Also I think you can get an adapter and put your memory card in there and put it in a laptop.
It's an android, but its a Virgin Moble knock off kind.... I've tried downloading it on youtube, it comes up as an error after every download (Imma take it in when I get a chance to see if this is an error with just my phone)
I'll have to look and see if there is an adapter for sell at their website...
Old 02-17-2012, 06:52 PM   #69 
bettalover2033

Quote:
It's an android, but its a Virgin Moble knock off kind.... I've tried downloading it on youtube, it comes up as an error after every download (Imma take it in when I get a chance to see if this is an error with just my phone)
I'll have to look and see if there is an adapter for sell at their website...
Hopefully soon so you can find a way to get them on here:)