Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-03-2012, 02:12 PM   #1 
MorganC2010

Betta nightmares!

Ok so over the past month or so I keep having reccering nightmares about Bettas. I dream that I have like 20 five gallon tanks (not the scary part lol I'd love to have that many) and they all have like 2-3 male Bettas in them unseperated! I alway rush in to the room screaming and putting them in cups to seperate them but they are all pretty tore up from fighting each other. Then they magically end back up in the tanks together and fight more. I can never seperate them all :( I always wake up and have to check on my three boys (who each have thier own 5gal tank) and make sure they didn't somehow end up in the same tank. Ugh, that dream always stesses me out but it's getting to the point that I have it so often I laugh at myself for having so many betta related dreams.

Does anyone else have weird betta dreams/nightmares?
MorganC2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:26 PM   #2 
nel3

i just had one 2 nights ago. it wasn't a nightmare but for some unknown reason i had to cup him in my hand outside of the tank. in the dream i held him in my hand like i am ice cream cone and poured some tank water over him. i put him back in his proper tank (which seemed to be 100% intact) and he came back to life after a few seconds of absolute stillness in his tank. that betta community dream must be very peculiar to reoccur so often.

ive had an interesting set of dream in the past also. one consisted of a moving facade of wall disney characters. the other i had 3-4 times, the facade dream was just weird the other was a nightmare. ive had some dream in the past where i was trying to escape for my life but i could never reach the safety area as it moved at my same pace.

the nightmare was me going to the basement of our old house and heading to the laundry room at the end of the hall. we have no dogs but there was a dog door. a pit bull rushes out to bite/swallow me whole. i had this a few times and so did my brother (twice the same bulldog dreams) after i told him about it lol.

Last edited by nel3; 02-03-2012 at 02:34 PM.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:29 PM   #3 
MorganC2010

That's good that it wasn really a nightmare. I'm glad none of mine have stared any of my boys bc none of those Bettas looked like they'd make it :(
Old 02-04-2012, 01:20 PM   #4 
BeautifulBetta14

I had i nightmare a couple days before i got my first betta Sushi
I had i dream that i had two bettas in the same tank attacking eack other and so i went to my cosins house to find out how to stop them fighting and once i was there i dropped the tank and it fell into peices and the two bettas were on the grass dieing and so i was screaming and i put them in the mud and they became alive and started swimming in the mud then the died all of a sudden.
IT WAS SCARY!!!!!
THEN! i saw i betta fish and i was going to eat it but it ate me instead....

I NEED MENTAL HELP. Lol
BeautifulBetta14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:18 PM   #5 
Zappity

Yea..when I was paranoid about something happening to Mr. Bubbles when I first got him, I kept dreaming he was dead or I dropped him. One dream I was in the shower, he was in his bowl in the shower with me and then I accidently kicked it over and he went down the drain O_O I was like, "OMG MR. BUBBLES!!!!---wait, huh? oh, just a dream...heh", xD
Zappity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:31 PM   #6 
BeautifulBetta14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappity View Post
Yea..when I was paranoid about something happening to Mr. Bubbles when I first got him, I kept dreaming he was dead or I dropped him. One dream I was in the shower, he was in his bowl in the shower with me and then I accidently kicked it over and he went down the drain O_O I was like, "OMG MR. BUBBLES!!!!---wait, huh? oh, just a dream...heh", xD
lol Mr.bubbles kinda looks like sushi ( my betta)
BeautifulBetta14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:18 AM   #7 
Bambi

o.o if it's reoccuring maybe you need a break for night or two to destress? Have someone in your house feed your boys and sleep over somewhere with afriend or something, get it out of your mind and all that.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:27 AM   #8 
Zappity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBetta14 View Post
lol Mr.bubbles kinda looks like sushi ( my betta)
Oh, yeah!! He does :) Cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
o.o if it's reoccuring maybe you need a break for night or two to destress? Have someone in your house feed your boys and sleep over somewhere with afriend or something, get it out of your mind and all that.
I think it's from the Solar Flare that they were talking about. It's causing people to have nightmares, be anxious, worrisome, dizzy, nauseous, have headaches..Lots of things. I've been having the worrisome, anxious, dizzy and headaches for a week or so. It's from all the radiation. I believe the article I read said to drink extra water so your body can get used to it. As of Feb 2nd, they said the radiation has gone down a lot, so that should help with the nightmares :P
Zappity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #9 
cp6445

Fighting fin rot in my boy so I've dreamed he's biting his tail and making it worse and I wake up and turn on the bedside light (he's at my bedside table) to make sure it's not real and he's asleep in his log and like 'why did you wake me up? Now you have to feed me.'
cp6445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:55 PM   #10 
MorganC2010

Bambi, good thinking! But everytime I do have someone else feed them while i'm away I come home to find them very bloated and uncomfortable looking. I make sure who ever is feeding them does it exactly right but it happens just about every single time, so for their sake i don't think im gonna let someone else feed them if im here lol. It's like they want to make me feel bad for leaving them.

Zappity, huh I wonder if that's what it was or I just needed to talk about it because ever since I posted this, I haven't had the dream :)

and I'm glad I'm not the only one to have scary betta dreams

Tags
dream, nightmare