Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-03-2012, 07:25 PM   #11 
finnfinnfriend

again, thank you all very much for your assurance. This is a very nice community. I'm glad I joined! (:
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:46 PM   #12 
Jrf456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myates View Post
I don't believe any one here has said 10 gallons is needed, the OP mentioned seeing them was all. Please be careful and not call members here stupid, especially if any had stated an opinion.

Thanks!
Hiya! If you'd like to be matter-of-fact with me, I'd love to be the same to you! I never singled out a certain member and I even added that it was an opinion. Furthermore, it was obviously stating that I find this action to be stupid. So before you jump on someone about others having opinions learn to read that I was just stating mine as well.

Thanks!
Jrf456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:20 AM   #13 
Bombalurina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrf456 View Post
Some members are quite stupid in my opinion.
You don't have to be singling a person out to be rude. It may just be your opinion that some members are quite stupid, but it's not an opinion you have to share. :) Stay nice. :)

I prefer having at least 5 gallons because of the care aspect, and because I've seen my boy Odysseus swimming about in it so happily. I couldn't bear to keep him in anything less. :) On the other hand, because little Circe was so tiny, she was perfectly happy in a 3 gallon. She's now just as content sharing a 16 gallon with 5 other girls. :) 5.5 gallons is definitely not making you a bad owner!
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:22 AM   #14 
HayrideHaunter

BF.com is a fantastic community...most people here are knowledgeable (or on their way) about different diseases and such too, so if there is ever a problem you can post symptoms and whatnot and this place is fantastic about giving advice! Also, post pics of your guy! We'd all love to see!
HayrideHaunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:28 AM   #15 
Silverfang

He's in a 5.5 gal? Heated, clean water, decor? He's a happy boy!
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:12 AM   #16 
styggian

I have my boys in a divided ten gallon tank. 5gal is plenty big enough for everything your fish needs. Heat and hiding places, some decor, and he will be fine. Maybe add one or two live plants, an anubias or a moss ball, both easy and low maintenance, but even that isn't necessary.
styggian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:22 AM   #17 
cjayBetta

I have one of my bettas in a 5g tank and the other in a 10g tank... Both of them are Very happy and it is HARLDLY stupid to have a betta in a 10g tank.... Not necessary but by no means stupid. If you can afford it and have the room.. Go for it :)
cjayBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:39 AM   #18 
AngesRadieux

From what I've seen, bettas don't need a 10 gallon tank. I have one in a 5.5 gallon tank and another in a 2.5 gallon tank and they both seem to be happy fish to me. So, you're fine. 5 gallons is plenty of room for one betta. I'm sure he's a very happy fish.
AngesRadieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:15 PM   #19 
BETTACHKALOVE

Just make sure you do regular water changes and your betta will live long and happy life. I love all my bettas and i have 2.5 gall tanks. And one of them will be 5 years old soon :)
BETTACHKALOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:52 AM   #20 
SacredSeaMonkey

Don't worry about the size, I have a 5 gallon and I worried about it being either too big or too small. I came back from the store today to grab a heater for my little guy and saw three dead betta's just floating in their cups on the shelf (they apparently have been there for abit and I could single them out because of the way the water was colored). At least our betta's are in a decent/good home and didn't spend the last of their days alone in a dirty cup :-/
SacredSeaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote