Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-03-2012, 06:27 PM   #1 
Memphis

Krato's Home - Revamp

$20 bucks later and Krato's dull bowl is becoming much nicer.

I ditched the colored gravel to natural gravel (have half of bag left to fill another bowl if I wanted to), added a nice small rock from our rock garden. Kratos loves perching on top of it like a King. Kept the glass rocks and the marble for contrast. Yes I kept his favorite fake plant until I find something like it for him, and of course the Java Fern that Kratos ALSO loves. I keep finding him nestle in the plant or behind it, between it and the rock. He is one happy fishie that loves his home.

Pics the week after I added the plant and stuff.

Still needs to work and possible another plant to fill in a large gap in the back. So far the Java Fern is doing great and I see it slowly growing. However I notice the smaller leaves have a light yellow green tips on them. I do not know if this is normal or not. They don't seem transparent at all. I have my blinds open on days with lots of light up til it gets dark in my room, and then I turn on my 3 tier lamp that has 3 40watt daylight bulbs + my normal bedroom light til I go to bed. I will take a picture of it tonight.
Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:40 PM   #2 
Badjer

Looks great! My only concern is that I don't see a heater...bettas need a constant temperature of 78-80 degrees.
Badjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:23 PM   #3 
Bombalurina

Looks beautiful! +1 on the heater thing, though. I'd also suggest removing some of the substrate - you've got a lot of it packed in there where you only need a tiny bit. Removing it would increase the water volume, thus improving water quality and giving him some more room to swim. :)

Kratos is a very beautiful fish. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote