Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-06-2012, 04:21 PM   #11 
Badjer

DEFINITELY have the divider a good two inches above the water line. I accidentally overfilled my divided tank yesterday to the point where the water just touched the top of the divider and didn't take notice. Well even with the hood on securely, Tybalt decided to pay Cirque a visit and they ripped each other apart a bit. Thankfully, I caught them. But I'll always pay super close attention to my dividers now!
Badjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:39 PM   #12 
BeautifulBetta14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi Takamine View Post
She's not trying to breed she's trying to keep her females seperated.
well ya i am but i am also wanting to breed my male and my female but i have no clue how she figured that out
BeautifulBetta14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:54 PM   #13 
ravenwinds

I know she's not trying to breed. It was an example of jumping capabilities. The female betta could jump over the divider because she wants to show her dominance over the other betta and "chase her away". Female bettas can be just as aggressive and territorial...
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:10 PM   #14 
LucyLore

Thanks everyone for welcoming me to the heart attack club! Wow, that betta means business jumping over that divider! Lucy weirdly enough is not that territorial in my opinon, but I can never say I've seen a terribly dominant female betta. There is always a first time right? I ensured my top was securely fastened after I read that reply.

In other news, Lucy now has the beginnings of "Ick" and I am treating her for it. That much she can't hide from me. Those white spots better leave soon!
Note: Couldn't get the ick on the top of her wee head, but here is a higher resolution quality picture of the girl today <3
LucyLore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:54 AM   #15 
Tikibirds

I have had a few that have gone MIA only to find them on the other side of the divider, usually after a water change when I didnt put the divider back properly.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:41 PM   #16 
aqua001

This has happened to me! My CT was behind the heater ( I did not know) and i had to shake the tank to get him out!
aqua001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:13 PM   #17 
LucyLore

Lucy loves her heater too! She loves that and the thermostat more than all of the expensive plants I got her! She will hide there and freak me out.

I sadly was overfeeding Lucy, and did not realize it. She was completely immobile and lacked her true color. Thanks to the information on this site got her from grey colored not moving, back to 100% health. I'm trying really hard to be a better owner/mom to her. She's back to hiding on me again! :)
LucyLore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hidden, hiding