Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-31-2012, 01:35 PM   #1 
Aitas

Wink my betta Blue

hii guys,
I've been checking out this forum for quite a while already so today i decided i'd register and put on photos of my own betta :)
I saw some of you people have quite amazing bettas, mine isn't the prettiest of them all but i love him as if he was! :D he has an amazing name, doesn't he? tells all about him :P

So.. He used to live in a 45l tank with some red cherry shrimps and 3 pepper corys (corydoras paleatus), but I recently moved him into a bigger tank of 75l, where he's gonna get a nice group of girlfriends some day soon :) The new aquarium is sadly almost plantless so far, that's going to change rapidly, since the plants in the small one are growing like crazy ;) Also i have two filters in there now, soon a new one is coming, an outside 20l filter with the current of 400l per hour. As you can see, the lid is also missing, well... I can just say I'm a talent coming soon! :)
the parameters of the water are:
total hardness: 9 mg/l
NO3:0 mg/l
NO2:0 mg/l
ph: 6
temperature: 25 degrees celsius

I hope you don't mind the units, probably needless to say i'm european. :P

I hope you like him! And if you have any good ideas, please do tell! :)
Attached Images

Aitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:20 PM   #2 
Laki

I like him!! He's an awesome looking flash of color in the tank! :D
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:27 PM   #3 
blueridge

He's very pretty and I'm loving your tank!
blueridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:00 PM   #4 
Aitas

Thanks guys :)

I can't wait to fix his new aquarium, i want a jungle in there :D

offtopic: i just read some person bought an aquarium, didn't cycle it at all, put a betta in straight away (probably didn't even age the water) and an argument for not cycling it was: i heard cycling aquariums under 5 gallons can be too complicated.
Excuse me, but what on earth was that??
Old 01-31-2012, 05:48 PM   #5 
Laki

hello. That was me. I would actually prefer if you based your opinion in the form of non-biased educational question towards me, not on another thread looking for a fight :/ Not everybody is as awesome and educated in the science of tanks as you. Also you got the info wrong. Took it to heart too fast.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:09 PM   #6 
Aitas

Sorry if I hurt your feelings, didn't mean to. And I admit I take everything to heart far too fast.
And I most surely am not looking for a fight, see, I'm here because there's not many betta lovers in my country, and I am actually on one of the slovene aquarium forums as well, but there's not many people who have bettas there, so I said why not look at a webpage from somewhere else.
Fact is, I take cycling an aquarium completely logical. It's just a must. And a 100% weekly water changes, well surely that rings a bell in your head that maybe that's a complete shock for your fish? And have you ever thought of what else is in the water that comes running out of your kitchen sink? Well I'm sure you heard of chloride before, and I'm sure even the sound of the word itself doesn't imply to something healthy for your fish.. (Humans as well, mind)

But otherwise,hehe, I am no scientist ;) I'm a jazz player, I go to an art school. I don't even have chemistry or biology classes in school for heaven's sake! :P

Sorry if my words were too sharp, but please do yourself a favour and do some research on cycling aquariums on the internet, and I'll gladly answer any questions you'll have about it! And if I won't know, I'll ask on until I get the answer ;)
Old 01-31-2012, 06:12 PM   #7 
Laki

Thanks for a better response to it. Since I rather not troll your thread, I will just respond with this- everybody here has differing opinions on betta care, from tank size to cycling to places to keep the tank etc. I do my cleanings a little differently and I make use of IAL. My fish do not get a shock because the transition to new water is done carefully and monitered.
I am glad you're here because betta fanciers are universal!
Old 02-01-2012, 02:48 PM   #8 
Aitas

The 75l tank got a new DIY filter today, as i already said it would, it works great so far! (my bro is such a sweetheart, made it for me while i was in school today :D)
it still will need some more filtration material, but it works great already, i'm so happy! :) Of course, the old filter remained in there, so this one will cycle from it ;) also, most of the filtration material in it has came from my 200l tank. :)
Attached Images

Old 02-01-2012, 06:50 PM   #9 
RedneckBettaGuru

ummm, where is your heater??
RedneckBettaGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:29 PM   #10 
Anitax3x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckBettaGuru View Post
ummm, where is your heater??

look to the right side of the tank...

anyways, its a beautiful setup your boy looks great and wow wish my sister would build me a sump for my tanks
Anitax3x is offline   Reply With Quote