Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-03-2012, 11:47 PM   #1 
MandiceP

I've been busy today... tehehehe :D

I have spent a lot of money and time today on my new "betta central" in my living room and I am a happy camper with how it came out... :D

So... first things first, the setup

This is my new tank setup for the moment! The top left ten gallon is my sorority which now houses 2 CT females, a HM female, and a new veil tail female that I got today at Petco. The dynamic has settled greatly since adding the fourth fish... I had an incident with the other fourth "female" turning out to be a male, I think? lol anyways... The upper right ten gallon is my future breeding tank, but currently home to the unknown gender CT and the new Blue butterfly DeT male that I got from Petco tonight.... yeah, I needed another male like I need a hole in the head... so yeah.
The bottom three tanks are (left to right) Glaedr's new 2.5 gallon, Shruikan and his tank, and Thorn's new 2.5 gallon. I am waiting for new heaters for these tanks so the covers can sit properly. The heaters on there currently hang on the edge of the tank so I have to get the new ones so this doesn't look silly. The lower shelf is now lit up with two under the cabinet plug in florescent lights (18") that I got for about 10$ each at home depot. The shelf also now has its own power strip and I love how it looks! This is my dream setup here!

This is it with the room lights off!

The sorority. They got another terracotta pot just in case, as did the boys, they each have one now!

Thorn's setup. :)

Shruiky's setup. The Blue mystery snail has been named Captain Chaos by my friend, lol. I think it's pretty epic!

Capt. Chaos up close. I love him!

Shru and Capt. Chaos again.

This is my petco find Delta male. I still don't have a name for him (or any of my females for that matter, cause I'm not creative...)

I couldn't help myself. He was just so stunning.... I need to go to Betta fish anonymous... I am admitting I'm addicted. LOL

I just realized I didn't get an up close of Glaedr's tank but it has brand new water and is bubbly and that bothers me, so I'll get one when the bubbles go away tomorrow. And I'll also try to get individual pics of the females tomorrow as they are all a little stressed and a couple are bloated so they are just not up to their normal beautiful selves right now. lol.

Thanks for looking!
MandiceP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:54 PM   #2 
BellasMomma

well I totally love yer betta shelf! And I'm completely jealous of it! My hubby would NEVER let me do this! Yer new guy is stunning!
BellasMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:59 PM   #3 
MandiceP

Thank you! I can't stop looking at it :P I will tell you. I never thought my Hubbs would let me delve back into the betta hobby. But when he said "do whatever you want" I just about died. He hasn't seen this yet (as he's not home from work yet) but when I told him my plans the other day he said "I can't wait to see it!" I am so lucky!
Old 02-04-2012, 12:59 AM   #4 
blueridge

Amazing set up! I need to have something like this waiting for me when I go back home for the summer so all of my guys can set on it. Can't wait to see other pictures of Glaedr and I would love to see more pictures of your new male. He is absolutely gorgeous!
blueridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:17 AM   #5 
Indyfishy

So awesome!!!!! I love your tanks, I'm so jealous!!!! Your fish are beautiful too =D You should name the blue guy Fírnen, in keeping with the Eragon theme
Indyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:18 AM   #6 
BeautifulBetta

Great setup!! I love it! :) I love Glaedr, Thorn, and shruikan for names as well. Totally just finished Inheritance last night :P
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:21 AM   #7 
Indyfishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBetta View Post
Great setup!! I love it! :) I love Glaedr, Thorn, and shruikan for names as well. Totally just finished Inheritance last night :P

Did you like the ending, or were you disappointed?? X)
Indyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:26 AM   #8 
BeautifulBetta

I wasn't terribly happy with it lol. It was too abrupt! You built up to the climax, then it seemed to end :( I wanted to hear more! I think Paolini got lazy and just stopped lol. How bout you?
Old 02-04-2012, 02:06 AM   #9 
MandiceP

GAH guys don't spoil it for me!!!!! I'm only half way through Brisingr... I got lazy reading it waiting for the last one to come out and now that it is out I've picked it back up again... So shhhhhh. Don't spoil it for me! LOL I was saving the dragon's names for any dragon bettas I get in the future... so I don't know of a Firnen yet, but may keep that an option for a future fish. LOL

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I've been staring at my setup for like the last couple hours. Mostly to watch the temps in Glaedr and Thorn's tanks... cause the heaters are not my favorites... but they are all I have. So I've been monitoring them closely. But also just with a huge grin on my face at how awesome it really is. I'm so happy. I struggle with depression and anxiety and sitting in front of this setup tonight I was just smiling and chuckling to myself. That doesn't happen often. These fish are my therapy for my soul and I needed this. My hubbs came home and he loves it too! LOL I am such a happy girl tonight! I should maybe go to bed tho since it's now 3am and I gotta get up for work in 4 1/2 hours... LOL
Old 02-04-2012, 02:09 AM   #10 
BeautifulBetta

LOL Sorry!!! We'll keep our mouths shut!!
So glad that you're enjoying your setup, sometimes it's nice to just sit and watch the serenity and beauty, which are, bettas. :) Hehe.