Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-04-2012, 10:25 PM   #1 
NewFishyOwner

Help I Need some Help!

Ok mygirl Lily has a whole month of living with me, One week and 6 days. Recentely she has started flaring a lot at her reflection and at me for some reason not always and I think is due to us moving to a new house and well her moving soo much. Now I noticed she has a round like thing underneath her could she be bloated? I'm not sure here's a picture. More pictures will be up when available. Just let me know if it's something serious or am I overreacting should I buy peas or stop feeding her for two days? Tomorow is her skip day and today I decided to nly give her breackfast.
NewFishyOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:59 PM   #2 
Rain Drop

Yes, she could just be bloated from overfeeding/constipation. If that is the case then don't feed her till she poops. You can also tell if she's bloated if she floats to the top a lot and has trouble staying down low in the water.

But what I think is more likely is that she is just full of eggs. This is normal for female bettas. Eventually she'll just excrete them or her body will absorb them. Nothing to worry about there c:
Rain Drop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:02 PM   #3 
earthworm88

Just want to let you know I don't see any photo. Fasting sounds reasonable for now, do not feed peas Hopefully the girls' experts will come along and give you some advice.

Good luck!
earthworm88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:09 AM   #4 
Myates

Have to agree, fast for a couple of days.. true bloating has other symptoms. She could also be eggy- she will either absorb them or drop and eat them- so no worries.

How much food are you feeding, and how often?

As for the flaring- she is probably unsure of her surroundings due to the move and is being overly protective of her home. She'll eventually calm down.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #5 
NewFishyOwner

Aww thanks guys. I feed her two pellet in the morning and a few flakes at night. Just twice a day. But I looked at her today she seems normal today might have been the eggs thing like you said she was swiming everywhere and hiding a lot also. But either way today is fasting day, and yesterday I only gave her breackfast no dinner. Thaks soo much guys. More pictures of my girl are in my album thanks again!

Last edited by NewFishyOwner; 02-05-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:36 AM   #6 
NewFishyOwner

Awwwwwwww Guys she made a buble nest! She had egggs inside her OMG!1st time I seen that just noticed no wonmder she was so iffy!
Old 02-05-2012, 11:44 AM   #7 
NewFishyOwner

She had eggs inside her! She made a bubbles nest I just saw it! I'm surprised and so happy that she's alright!Thanks guys now I know why she was so teritotrial and still is! Thanks so much!