Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-03-2012, 01:37 AM   #1 
sharan

What kind of Betta is my Betta?

can you pls tell me, What kind of Betta is my Betta?

the male as well as the female betta

Name:  DSC03077.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  47.0 KB

Name:  DSC03087.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  66.7 KB
sharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:40 AM   #2 
BellasMomma

I don't know wat kind they are but yer female looks scared... Are they gonna mate?
BellasMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:09 AM   #3 
BeautifulBetta

Male is a veiltail or delta, really hard to tell. Females I'm bad at telling the difference. If you aren't planning on breeding them, you should seperate them. Like BellasMomma said, she looks really scared.
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:30 PM   #4 
emeraldsky

Both look like veil tails, the male for sure, the female im iffy on.

Also seconding separating them, unless you are breeding.
emeraldsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:33 PM   #5 
Draug Isilme

Looks like a breeding pair with the two- the first pic she's in a jar and it looks like the same tank and the next she's free swimming with the male. The male does look like a half moon or delta- if you can get a pic of him flaring with his tail spread out it'd be easier to tell.... Otherwise, I agree, it looks like a female veiltail...... and yeah, she does look a bit scared... but again, I assume you are breeding them by the pics
Draug Isilme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:48 PM   #6 
Myates

I have to ask, breeding without knowing the types? You may want to make sure you know what they are, as there are negative outcomes with certain genes mixing together.. the male it's hard to say whether delta or veiltail.. may be a mix.. it's hard since VTs tend to have a little longer of a tail then that guy, but his tail is not a halfmoon..

The female, poor girl, so stressed.. but looks like a VT, especially if you picked her up at any local store, as VT girls are most common.

Last edited by Myates; 02-03-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:45 AM   #7 
sharan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBetta View Post
Male is a veiltail or delta, really hard to tell. Females I'm bad at telling the difference. If you aren't planning on breeding them, you should separate them. Like BellasMomma said, she looks really scared.
Mommas are always right.i let the female before it was ready to mate ,thats the problem.i had separated it already.i have bought this from a local fish store.thinking that its a half moon.but i am not sure.thats why i asked for some experts review.
any criticism about colors are always welcome.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:09 AM   #8 
BeautifulBetta

The female might be a non veiltail, not sure what type exactly, but I think theres too many rays and the caudal spread is too wide to be a veiltail female. I may be wrong but thats what it looks like to me :P I really like her colour though, greens are awesome
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:03 PM   #9 
sharan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myates View Post
I have to ask, breeding without knowing the types? You may want to make sure you know what they are, as there are negative outcomes with certain genes mixing together.. the male it's hard to say whether delta or veiltail.. may be a mix.. it's hard since VTs tend to have a little longer of a tail then that guy, but his tail is not a halfmoon..

The female, poor girl, so stressed.. but looks like a VT, especially if you picked her up at any local store, as VT girls are most common.
this is the best breed of betta that i can get in my part of the world.nobody care bout gene pool or colour as far as it looks good.Even i would like to breed then in a scientifically acceptable manner.now i am trying my best to collect some Bettas with good gene pool ,colours and patterns.but it takes time.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:57 PM   #10 
Draug Isilme

You can get some very awesome looking bettas on places like aquabid.com. They're uber expensive in comparison to the ones you get at a pet store, but they're also more unique- sometimes you can even ask the person who's selling them what kind of genes the parents were and such so you'll know what you're trying to cross breed with and figure out what you'll probably get instead of taking a shot in the dark. Personally, I think it's better to spend the extra money and effort in getting more unique bettas 'cause if you're planning on selling them and competing with a pet store, you'll be able to sell them more easily and probably even up the price so you'll get more bang for your buck- whereas you'll spend a LOT of effort with bettas anyone can get at a typical pet store (or Walmart >.>) and you'll more than likely have to charge for less than what they sell.
Draug Isilme is offline   Reply With Quote