Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-06-2012, 04:42 PM   #21 
Oldfishlady
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA
When in doubt....take it out.....especially if its hiding more than normal....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:43 PM   #22 
MarcusTheGreat
Member
 
MarcusTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfishlady View Post
When in doubt....take it out.....especially if its hiding more than normal....
yea i will take him out i just don't know were to put him lol
MarcusTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #23 
MarcusTheGreat
Member
 
MarcusTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Toronto
Update: The fish is still fine swimming around and eating looks normal i decided to keep him in the tank nothing looks wrong with him
MarcusTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:11 PM   #24 
MarcusTheGreat
Member
 
MarcusTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Toronto
i just realized another tetra just lost an eye what the heck is going on some explain ?
MarcusTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:51 PM   #25 
MarcusTheGreat
Member
 
MarcusTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusTheGreat View Post
i just realized another tetra just lost an eye what the heck is going on some explain ?
i now have 2 tetras with no eyes someone help
MarcusTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:19 PM   #26 
Oldfishlady
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA
Without having to go back and hunt for the information...remind us again...tank size, number and species of all the fish in the tank and you have plastic or fake plants...correct.....have you seen any aggression between any of the fish....how strong is the filter...how much and how often are the water changes and do you have any water prams for-ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH..

Does it look like a fresh injury and can you post a pic....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:31 PM   #27 
SnowySurface
Member
 
SnowySurface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bay Shore, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusTheGreat View Post
i now have 2 tetras with no eyes someone help
Does this mean the first tetra has lost his second eye since your original post and the second tetra lost 2 eyes in 30 minutes?

If so you may have a case of popeye in your tank. Do you notice any tetra with eyes that are bulging out a bit too much? I know their eyes are small and poke out a bit anyway, but there eyes shouldn't buldge too much.

If it isn't popeye, then I would remove the piece of drift would that is sitting in the tank at an angle. The may be coming to close to the edge while they swim around. The wood that is sitting like a log in you picture should be fine.

If that doesn't work then your betta may be attacking your tetra when you aren't looking.
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:32 PM   #28 
MarcusTheGreat
Member
 
MarcusTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfishlady View Post
Without having to go back and hunt for the information...remind us again...tank size, number and species of all the fish in the tank and you have plastic or fake plants...correct.....have you seen any aggression between any of the fish....how strong is the filter...how much and how often are the water changes and do you have any water prams for-ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH..

Does it look like a fresh injury and can you post a pic....
10g tank i have 8 tetras and 1 betta fish (he is peaceful i don't think he's the problem) i have plastic plants, the filter is fine not to strong its perfect i would say. I do see the tetras chasing each other all the time i'm not sure if this is a normal behavior but they do it all the time. It must of happened either today or late at night if u look back on the 1st page i think theres a pic of one of the tetras with no eye it looks exactly the same . Oh and i do about 60-70% water changes every week

Last edited by MarcusTheGreat; 02-13-2012 at 02:37 PM.
MarcusTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #29 
MarcusTheGreat
Member
 
MarcusTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowySurface View Post
Does this mean the first tetra has lost his second eye since your original post and the second tetra lost 2 eyes in 30 minutes?

If so you may have a case of popeye in your tank. Do you notice any tetra with eyes that are bulging out a bit too much? I know their eyes are small and poke out a bit anyway, but there eyes shouldn't buldge too much.

If it isn't popeye, then I would remove the piece of drift would that is sitting in the tank at an angle. The may be coming to close to the edge while they swim around. The wood that is sitting like a log in you picture should be fine.

If that doesn't work then your betta may be attacking your tetra when you aren't looking.
no it is a second tetra that has lost an eye. I don't think its popped eye because the whole entire eye literally came out of the socket. Also i don't think its the drift wood that is causing this maybe the plastic plants?
MarcusTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:07 PM   #30 
MarcusTheGreat
Member
 
MarcusTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Toronto
I have sat patiently in front of my fish tank for a good hour or so and i am quite convinced there is a bully in the school of tetras and he keeps picking at all of them and if thats not the case then its because when he chases them they run into my plastic plant that is sitting in the back of my tank you can see it if you look at my tank photo and they just simply run into it and poke there eye out

Last edited by MarcusTheGreat; 02-13-2012 at 05:14 PM.
MarcusTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
woke up this morning to sad fishies.. chrissylee13 Betta Fish Care 21 02-07-2012 08:59 PM
Woke up this morning to find Ollie like this... Hankbetta Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies 10 08-21-2009 10:49 PM
So I woke up to... megphimu22 Betta Fish Care 12 01-23-2009 05:36 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.