Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-07-2012, 09:37 AM   #1 
finnfinnfriend

Talking My tank is finally cycled! YAY!

I'm so happy my tank is finally cycled, the water is crystal clear and Finn is as active and healthy as ever! Since I first got him (a little over a month ago) he has grown, his colors are deeper, and his fins are bigger and no longer torn! He is much better off now then he was in that freezing cold, softball-sized bowl at the pet store!

I never thought I could love a fish so much.

I love the heck out of that little guy.
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:17 AM   #2 
USNavyWife

Congrats :D I'm so happy for your little friend!

I know exactly how that feels. I love my betta SO much. I find it a little obsessive O.o haha but he's just amazing. What kind of tank and size ect do you have for your betta?

I remember when I got Dinq, he was in the little petco cup and it was freezing water and he was sitting on the bottom of the cup and looked SO sad! Poor little guy. Now, he's SUPER active and happy :)
USNavyWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:39 PM   #3 
finnfinnfriend

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNavyWife View Post
Congrats :D I'm so happy for your little friend!

I know exactly how that feels. I love my betta SO much. I find it a little obsessive O.o haha but he's just amazing. What kind of tank and size ect do you have for your betta?

I remember when I got Dinq, he was in the little petco cup and it was freezing water and he was sitting on the bottom of the cup and looked SO sad! Poor little guy. Now, he's SUPER active and happy :)
Finn is in a 5.5 gallon tank with a hood and light, and he has the top fin 10 filter (will be getting the marina slim s10 soon) and the top fin 50w heater, set to a nice comfy 80 degrees
Old 02-07-2012, 01:46 PM   #4 
USNavyWife

Awwwh :) Definitely beats living in a cup. I like the smaller tanks, but for some reason I keep getting big ones :P

Right now I am transitioning my betta into a 10 gallon. I just set it up today and I'm letting it run and warm up. Then I have to check water parameters and add the rocks from his old 1.5 tank to his new mansion haha. Then make sure it cycles properly since I will be seeding it. I'm sure he'll be much happier with a big one all to himself since he's so active.

Good Luck with your new tank!
USNavyWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:50 PM   #5 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNavyWife View Post
Awwwh :) Definitely beats living in a cup. I like the smaller tanks, but for some reason I keep getting big ones :P

Right now I am transitioning my betta into a 10 gallon. I just set it up today and I'm letting it run and warm up. Then I have to check water parameters and add the rocks from his old 1.5 tank to his new mansion haha. Then make sure it cycles properly since I will be seeding it. I'm sure he'll be much happier with a big one all to himself since he's so active.

Good Luck with your new tank!
Yeah he should love that!
Old 02-07-2012, 05:49 PM   #6 
Bombalurina

Isn't the transformation amazing? :) Getting my girls out of a bare, overcrowded tank with violent currents into a heavily planted, clean, heated sorority made them turn from pale, stripy little ghosts into plump, healthy rainbows. :) I love making a difference in their little fishy lives.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote