Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-05-2012, 07:58 PM   #11 
ravensgate

Thank you:) I took his filter out yesterday because he really seemed to not like it and when I turned it off he became very active and curious. So I figured he'd be ok without it.

I know I'll get another one. Just need to figure out what I need to do. I want to change the gravel out so I assume that means I'll have to do a full clean on it. I want to save my water though and have it tested in case there is something I missed with my little dinky tests.

Thank you for the help:)
ravensgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:03 PM   #12 
blueridge

Oh it's no problem. Hope everything works out for you and your soon to be new buddy!
blueridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:10 PM   #13 
ravensgate

Thanks blueridge.:) Love your little mini in your avatar. I have Arabians myself. :)
Old 02-05-2012, 08:11 PM   #14 
blueridge

Old 02-05-2012, 08:14 PM   #15 
ravensgate

No, don't show. Have 6 gorgeous, expensive pasture pets. LOL! I stopped riding years back due to an accident and the fact I have a kid and try not to do as many 'dumb' things as I used to (like barrel race). I have a stallion, 3 mares and 2 geldings and 140 acres in TN. Love, love, love my horses:) My youngest are 8 years old this year. Stopped breeding years ago. I'm one of those people that folks look at and go 'why do you have horses?' But they make me happy and make my heart sing.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #16 
blueridge

Haha totally understand! I stopped riding years ago too but when I went off for college I had the opportunity to start again so I did. I still try to show my miniatures when I get the chance but I normally show my little stud, which is the one in my avatar, he's only 28" tall. I say even if you can't ride them there isn't any point why you shouldn't keep them, horses make the world go around.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:21 PM   #17 
blueridge

:facepalm: I noticed you lived in TN, where abouts?
Old 02-05-2012, 08:48 PM   #18 
ravensgate

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueridge View Post
:facepalm: I noticed you lived in TN, where abouts?
I live in Lebanon, which is about 40 minutes east of Nashville. And yes, horses make the world go round. Glad someone can see that same viewpoint:) I love to ride, I just don't. And my horses are about 5 miles from where I actually live. So nobody is generally out there but me. Learned a long time ago not to ride unless someone is around to pick your butt up off the ground if it all goes wrong! I always tell folks I learn more about horses from the ground than I ever did on their backs. I'm ok with it
Old 02-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #19 
blueridge

Haha that's funny! I was just in Lebanon in Thanksgiving! Never thought of it that but it does definitely make sense, you do learn a lot about horses from the ground. I've always heard that if they are good with ground work then they are probably good in the saddle, never actually tested this theory.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:54 AM   #20 
Hallyx
Reference Team

I'm so sorry to hear you lost your beautiful CT. I was looking forward to talking fish photography with you and introducing you to CopperArabian, an avid and competent photographer. Perhaps it might still happen.

If you intend getting another fish, get rid of that "designer" tank and get a simple 2.5gal or 5gal tank, one that has more floor space rather than height. They like to roam around, as you know, and don't particularly need depth. (And you can cycle a 5 gal, if you choose.) Cover it with Saran-Wrap-like stuff if you can't get a decent cover.

That also allows you to use a conventional lighting fixture with the proper color temp which enhances cultivation of live plants. They love live plants, especially with horizontal surfaces to sleep on.

Keep reading the forum; there's so much good info on here. Good luck.
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote