Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-07-2012, 03:52 PM   #21 
holden147

I have ordered the IALs and they should be here in a few days. Do I mix 50% IAL water with 50% regular dechlorinated water? Im just confused to exactly what to do with the leaf water. Thank you!
holden147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:52 PM   #22 
holden147

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthworm88 View Post
You are in great hand now, holden147. Sorry I haven't been able to help much. Hope your little guy will have a speedy recover.
Good luck and keep us posted!
You were extremely helpful thank you for everything! :)
Old 02-07-2012, 06:06 PM   #23 
Oldfishlady

Once you get the IAL-crush one up and add it to the premixed jug of dechlorinated water and Epsom salt and let it steep for 30min or so to start releasing the tannins-then use that water for 25% water changes every 15min for 1hour to get him acclimated to the new chemistry...you can also add a piece of the dry leaf to the QT....

The longer the tannin source steeps the more tannins released the darker the water the better.....

I would go ahead and get him started on the Epsom salt now and not wait on the IAL....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:15 PM   #24 
holden147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfishlady View Post
Once you get the IAL-crush one up and add it to the premixed jug of dechlorinated water and Epsom salt and let it steep for 30min or so to start releasing the tannins-then use that water for 25% water changes every 15min for 1hour to get him acclimated to the new chemistry...you can also add a piece of the dry leaf to the QT....

The longer the tannin source steeps the more tannins released the darker the water the better.....

I would go ahead and get him started on the Epsom salt now and not wait on the IAL....
Thank you for explaining. And yeah, the little fella has been in the epsom all day. I figured it's a good 1st step while I wait for the tannin.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:14 PM   #25 
holden147

Great news, after roughly 12 hours in the epsom salt, the little guy is doing VISIBLY BETTER. I will take a picture tomorrow because I don't wanna stress him tonight. In short, the big bubble has shrunk by about 50-60% and the smaller one is now practically gone. So happy.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:40 PM   #26 
earthworm88

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden147 View Post
Great news, after roughly 12 hours in the epsom salt, the little guy is doing VISIBLY BETTER. I will take a picture tomorrow because I don't wanna stress him tonight. In short, the big bubble has shrunk by about 50-60% and the smaller one is now practically gone. So happy.
That is indeed good news! Hopefully he will be back to his normal soon!
Keep up the good work.
Cheers!
earthworm88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:38 AM   #27 
Silverfang

phew, glad to hear he's doing better!
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:02 AM   #28 
Oldfishlady

Awesome....your doing a great job.......
Old 02-11-2012, 09:28 PM   #29 
holden147

Ok so his eyes are 99% back to normal! Thanks for the help guys, I think he'll be ok. I got the IAL today and put it in slowly over the course of a couple hours so I think this will be the trick to get him back to normal. He mostly just rests on his leaves and swims around a little. I feel like he's training lol.

2 things..

1) He does these weird little barrel rolls every now and then..is this normal? He's been doing it for a week or so

2) He still won't eat. It's been about 10 days to 2 weeks since he last ate is this normal?
Old 02-12-2012, 10:38 AM   #30 
Oldfishlady

Good to hear his eye is better.....

Have you tried different food, lacing food with fresh crushed garlic juice-do you have access to live food like mosquito larva to offer-sometime live food will stimulate hunting feeding instinct....

Can you post a video of the barrel roll....