Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-07-2012, 12:17 AM   #1 
Karebear13

Top fin aquarium heater

So I bought this 25 Watt heater today. I am new at using heaters, so I am a little paranoid. It is one that you can set. I set it to heat the aquarium for 79 degrees. I turned it on a while ago and Im just waiting for it to heat up. I think it is supposed to turn off once it gets to that temp correct? Do I leave it plugged in always. Im scared of leaving it plugged in tonight cause I wont be able to monitor it.. what are some advices?
Karebear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:32 AM   #2 
Hanky

yes you want to leave it plugged in all the time, it should go off when the water reaches the temp you set the thermostat at. it can take a while to heat up though try to keep an eye on it every hour or so and make sure the little pilot light goes out when the temp gets to 79. If you cant monitor it tonight then I would unplug it for now but leave it in the tank then plug it back in when you have the time to monitor it and make sure it works properly
Hanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:47 AM   #3 
Karebear13

I will be up for another hour or so. It seems like its almost at the temperature I set it too. If the light goes off is it safe for me to leave it overnight?
Karebear13 is offline   Reply With Quote