Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-07-2012, 02:19 AM   #1 
bettamumof2

Betta Dilemma :(

ok so i have 2 male bettas one is a tri-color crown-tail and the other just your regular betta that was given to me by a friend......i have a 25 gallon tank setup with hidyholes and plants but i have one in a breeder tank and the other loose and i switch them out so they both get the same amount of big tank space....i also have a 75 gallon community with about 15 guppies 3 mollies 2 brisslenose plecos and 5 ID sharks ......if i were to put one of my males in the community tank would he be ok with my other babies......i dont want either of my boys stressed out too bad and it breaks my heart to have to stick them in tiny spaces.....please help it would be most appreciated
bettamumof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:19 PM   #2 
fraviz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettamumof2 View Post
ok so i have 2 male bettas one is a tri-color crown-tail and the other just your regular betta that was given to me by a friend......i have a 25 gallon tank setup with hidyholes and plants but i have one in a breeder tank and the other loose and i switch them out so they both get the same amount of big tank space....i also have a 75 gallon community with about 15 guppies 3 mollies 2 brisslenose plecos and 5 ID sharks ......if i were to put one of my males in the community tank would he be ok with my other babies......i dont want either of my boys stressed out too bad and it breaks my heart to have to stick them in tiny spaces.....please help it would be most appreciated
I do not like the idea of keep changing fishes from one tank to another... (different parameters)!!
Why do not divide your 25 gallons with mesh and give them 12 gallons for each... for a Betta that is a palace...

I have a dragon with my community fish... and it seems to be working... but every Betta is different. I pick the dragon because he has very short tail so it is less chance to be bitten .
fraviz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #3 
bettamumof2

yeah i decided to put "Thor" my crowntail in the community tank and he loves it and "Loki" loves being all by himself in the 25 gallons now all are happy thank you for your reply back
Old 02-07-2012, 05:07 PM   #4 
GunsABlazin

lol thats funny, i have 2 males, Thor and Loki. HM and CT.
GunsABlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:41 PM   #5 
bettamumof2

lol i dont understand the abbreviations but i take it CT is Crowntail
Old 02-07-2012, 05:52 PM   #6 
GunsABlazin

Thor is My HalfMoon (HM)
Name:  DSC04491.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  40.8 KB

And Loki is my CrownTail (CT)
Name:  DSC04494.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  44.3 KB
Old 02-07-2012, 05:54 PM   #7 
bettamumof2

they are both gorgeous boys
Old 02-07-2012, 05:55 PM   #8 
GunsABlazin

Thank you.

Im glad you got your space problem worked out :)
Old 02-07-2012, 05:59 PM   #9 
bettamumof2

yvw and thanks you as well im also glad Thor loves being with the other fish tho it has taken him all day to explore the whole 75 gallon tank...some of my guppies had some babies and he hasnt even bothered them so im real lucky
Old 02-07-2012, 06:00 PM   #10 
scrap

A bit off topic but I must admit it's kind of amusing that of all of the Norse, Roman, and Greek gods people name their bettas after, sea gods seem to be the least common.

on topic: No on the community. fancy guppies tend to tick bettas off, certain varieties of molly are very nippy, and if id means iridescent shark, that's a big no (and you need a bigger tank for them from what I'm reading) and even if not...sharks and bettas do not typically make good friends.

+1 to dividing the 25. you could do a community tank on each side of that.
scrap is offline   Reply With Quote