Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #1 
mjoy79

Plant supplies

Hmmm. The Easy Plant Care guide thread was closed for some reason.
Hopefully someone can point me in the direction of a good online store to purchase plants and other plant supplies. I am trying to plant my 20 gallon tank. The local pet stores have a limited selection and I'm not sure if I trust their plants. Plus I'm going to need a lot to fill my 20 gallon for a sorority.
I saw a link to a site at some point recently but can't seem to find it.
Has anyone planted their tanks with local/chain pet store supplies?
Thanks for the help!
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:50 PM   #2 
Bombalurina

I can't comment on its reliability, since I only purchase from Australian places, but I've heard www.liveaquaria.com is ok.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:50 PM   #3 
Oldfishlady

Have you checked out any local clubs...you have several in Texas...great place to get lots of plants and low cost too....

What kind of lights do you have-this is the driving force behind successful planted tanks.
What kind of substrate do you plan to use...

Whats the overall look you are going for....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:58 PM   #4 
hedgehog

I've used http://www.shop.plantedaquariumscentral.com/main.sc and I really liked them. I think their prices are reasonable and when I ordered from them they sent me more than what I ordered at no extra cost: 2 banana lilies instead of one and two bunches of pennywort instead of one. If you read the guest book a lot of people mentioning getting more than expected.
hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:54 PM   #5 
ldoerr

I order all of my plants from this guy http://myworld.ebay.com/mikeswetpets...84.m1439.l2754 He sells great plants at great prices. The shipping is the cheepest that I have ever seen anywhere. You can order a TON of plants and only pay a few dolars for shipping. (he combines shipping on most things so after the first plant everything else is just an aditional $.50-$.75 each aditional plant. If ordering stem plants he normally includes extra stems. His anubiases can not be beet. The only plant that I have ordered that has not come in looking perfect is ANACHARIS but it normally perks up within a week of ariving. He will ship whenever you want so if you need it to arive on a sertain day he can make it so it will arive then. You should deffenitly check it out. He is very helpfull.
ldoerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:44 PM   #6 
mjoy79

Thank you everyone.
Right now I need to get soil on the bottom of my tank. Right now my tank is still full of water that I need to remove and I need to remove the gravel on the bottom of it too. I'm a huge procrastinator.
thanks everyone for your replies.
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote