Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-07-2012, 04:31 PM   #1 
chrissylee13

Unhappy betta really skinny and not eating

so, this isn't for one of my own bettas but for a beautiful blue CT male at work. he came in on friday. he hasn't eaten yet and has looked super skinny since he came in. he seems to be acting pretty normal but not as healthy as i'd like him to act. i've tried feeding him pellets, blood worms, and brine shrimp. no luck. he just gets frightened by it. he's in our QT tank that's heated to i believe about 78* and he's floating in his cup. i'm going to bring in a clove of garlic tomorrow when i go in to see if he'll try to eat a pellet soaked in garlic water. does any one have any other suggestions???
chrissylee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:31 PM   #2 
Bombalurina

Have you tried live food?
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:03 PM   #3 
chrissylee13

we don't carry live food, except feeder goldfish/minnows. and i have no idea where to get any around here.
chrissylee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:20 PM   #4 
tf1265

My girls are great about eating no matter what, but my male won't eat if he's "mad" at me. I.e. past due for a water change, water gets too cold, etc. If he's new, give him a few more days to adjust. Make sure the water conditions are good and he has some hiding places (caves are obviously great, but I've found that most bettas still like to hide in something leafy and green, even if it's fake). It can take some skiddish bettas a long time to adjust to a new environment. If he's otherwise acting healthy, just make sure conditions are good and give him time.
tf1265 is offline   Reply With Quote