Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-07-2012, 09:38 PM   #1 
JBosley

Canadians Unite! Haha

Hey!
I've noticed there aren't too many Canadians on here, or none that I've really run into. So I thought it would be fun to start a Canadian Thread

I'm from Ontario, whoot! And had a few questions about what pet stores you shop at for your fish, and fishy stuff. As I am looking into getting a 2-5 Gal tank for my new guys (eventually, currently job hunting as I just graduated from college). Any suggestions on tanks and where to get one?
JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:24 PM   #2 
Silverfang

There are quite a few of us... if you know where to search!

Oh.. and big als for a heater and compare their tank prices with petsmart! I've seen them have a 5.5gal on sale for about 15. (just the tank). Kijiji is also your friend. Got a full 10 gal, heater, filter, stand, 25$ Just had to pick it up.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:34 AM   #3 
JBosley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfang View Post
There are quite a few of us... if you know where to search!

Oh.. and big als for a heater and compare their tank prices with petsmart! I've seen them have a 5.5gal on sale for about 15. (just the tank). Kijiji is also your friend. Got a full 10 gal, heater, filter, stand, 25$ Just had to pick it up.
Why thank you! I never seem to think of Big Als... probably because there isn't one in my city. I shall have to make a trip there!
Old 02-08-2012, 04:39 PM   #4 
Silverfang

I was in Ottawa for 18 weeks on a work term... lol, no pets up there but I hadda go!
Old 02-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #5 
Pitluvs

Quite a few of us is right.. I can think of at least 6 off the hand from Canada lol I'm from Atlantic Canada... we only have Pets Unlimited where I'm at (PJ's Pets). I usually buy everything on Kijiji or from local fish people :) *waves*
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:31 PM   #6 
bettafish15

I'm from BC, Canada but want to move to the other side. I get my fish stuff online from Big Als, free shipping over $35 bucks and tax-free. :D I plan on getting some of my future reptile stuff from them too. I wuv Canada :3
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:34 PM   #7 
JBosley

Yay Canada!

So far I've used the local pet shops, Pet Valu and Paulmac's. Going to try Petsmart for my new setups (when I have the money) and maybe Big Als! So stoked to own Betta's again, and actually care for them properly
Old 02-08-2012, 06:56 PM   #8 
RedneckBettaGuru

Hey all, from alberta here. The stores I like are big al's,pisces pet emporium and petland. Of all the three I am just amazed at big als, they're betta selection is always breath taking. I was in there one day and a girl who worked there came over and said she noticed I had been looking at the bettas for a while. She asked if she coudl help at all and I said I you could help by getting everthing I need to take all these bettas home. I was so mesmorized. Is anyone else her in alberta.
RedneckBettaGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:01 PM   #9 
JBosley

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckBettaGuru View Post
Hey all, from alberta here. The stores I like are big al's,pisces pet emporium and petland. Of all the three I am just amazed at big als, they're betta selection is always breath taking. I was in there one day and a girl who worked there came over and said she noticed I had been looking at the bettas for a while. She asked if she coudl help at all and I said I you could help by getting everthing I need to take all these bettas home. I was so mesmorized. Is anyone else her in alberta.
I used to live in Alberta! Now Im in Ontario lols
Old 02-08-2012, 08:12 PM   #10 
Silverfang

thankfully we have a LFS for lots of other supplies. And a pets unlim can't tell the difference between a male and a female and have no clue what a plakat is.

Oh, and a LPS that tries to order in "tri-colour" bettas