Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #1 
NewFishyOwner

Ok got a 10 gallon tank

I just got a 10 gallon tank for Lily and her new companions. Ten feeding fish and 5 Neon tetras. I hope this enough space for her and the other fish. I have left her alone for today so she can just relax and see the other fishies. The 5 gallon tank was too crouded with 11 fish. Now I think wwith the filter, two partial water changes a weekly and ounce month big change should be fine if not I will up the watre changes. I will also get a gravel cleaner soon. Is my last thing to get.

I will post pictures of her in her new digs soon. Surprisingly she did not eat any of the other fish!She seems to be a good girl like I knew she would be. She also has the two heaters so. Guys let me know if this is alright. I sure hope so I can't up the tanks any further. This is the last of the line.
NewFishyOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:26 PM   #2 
NewFishyOwner

Ok another update I am thinking of giving away some of the feeder fish and just staying with the neon tetras and my Betta. I don't want this tank so over stocked I noticed it will be over stoked. I was reading and these fish breed like rabits so giving away the girls to a friend first and see if he wants them.
NewFishyOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:21 AM   #3 
Myates

Feeder fish, are you meaning the goldfish?
If so, you will definitely want to rehome them.. as feeder fish will need 20 gallons for one, 10 additional gallons for each fish to home them properly...
Unsure what are "feeder" fish to you.

The 5 neons and 1 betta is a good number for a 10 gallon, I wouldn't go any more then that.

In a 10 gallon with 5 neons and 1 betta you are looking at 1 50% per week water change with vacuuming of the substrate to keep it healthy. If it's filtered (which I hope it is as the neons need a cycled, filtered tank). In a filtered tank you wouldn't want to be doing any 100% water changes, or changes larger then 50% as it can mess up the cycle/bacteria and cause fluctuations in the chemistry.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:57 AM   #4 
kfryman

Yeah what do you mean by feeder fish? Are they Orange?
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:58 AM   #5 
scootshoot

You are on the right path. Responsible owners search for information on the web, etc and take action.

Good luck with your fish hobby, show us some pics once your setup is complete.
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote