What size is your tank? 2 gallon
What temperature is your tank? 82
Does your tank have a filter?no
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? no took it out
Is your tank heated? Yes
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? none

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? Omega one
How often do you feed your betta fish? twice in one day two pellets in morning one bloodworm a day

Maintenance
How often do you perform a water change? every week
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? 100%
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? Aqueoun betta bowl lus

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters?

Ammonia:
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
pH:
Hardness:
Alkalinity:

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? He has like this weird goo stuff looks like its coming out of his fins looks like hi eyes are covered in it too. He had Ich Idk if this is some type of symptom of it or what. He is darting a lot rubbing against the tank
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? darting and rubbing against the tank
When did you start noticing the symptoms? about ten minutes ago he was fine then I noticed it looked like his eyes had been scratched or something then notice this white good stuff all over him
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? i was treating with Kordon Ich but stopped using it because I thought Ich was gone
Does your fish have any history of being ill? He had Ich a week ago I finished medication... following instructions
How old is your fish (approximately)? young he is very small

I just got the heater yesterday. I was going to treat with aquarium salt because I think the ICh might still be there. but I dont know what this white good stuff is
Karebear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:42 AM   #2 
earthworm88

Can you tell if the white goo is coming out of his eye? Does his eye look popped out to you? Or is this white goo more flowy like cobweb? Would you be able to take a picture of that and post it here?

Based on the history your betta has, I would suggest doing two 100% water change weekly instead of once.
earthworm88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:04 AM   #3 
Karebear13

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthworm88 View Post
Can you tell if the white goo is coming out of his eye? Does his eye look popped out to you? Or is this white goo more flowy like cobweb? Would you be able to take a picture of that and post it here?

Based on the history your betta has, I would suggest doing two 100% water change weekly instead of once.
Give me a second got some good pics to show you
Old 02-08-2012, 02:11 AM   #4 
Karebear13

This picture you can see the goo stuff on his fins

here you can see the eye
Old 02-08-2012, 07:38 AM   #5 
earthworm88

Hi Karebear,

Great photo! Sorry the second one I couldn't quite see the eye area, only saw some whitish line. The "white goo" you mentioned appeared to be fungus to me. They don't look filmy or cobweb-like to be slime coat, so I suspect fungus. Hopefully the experts will come and correct me if I am wrong.

You will need to quarantine your betta in a hospital tank, a container not too small but allow you to float or clip it to your tank to maintain the temp. Your temp now is 82, try to slowly lower that to about 78 over time for this treatment.

1) dissolve 1 tsp of aquarium salt (not table salt or epsom salt) in preconditioned water, add stress coat or stress guard if you have any
2) leave betta in there, repeat the salt treatment every 24 hours with 100% water change.

Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 02-08-2012, 06:44 PM   #6 
Myates

Earth, this fish is starting treatment for Ich, on another thread he mentioned this. Thread
It looks like body slime sloughing off, as fungus is usually more thicker with "hairs" sticking out.. either way the treatment is the same, and luckily, treatment for ich is the same for body slime and conservative for fungus :)
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:57 AM   #7 
earthworm88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myates View Post
Earth, this fish is starting treatment for Ich, on another thread he mentioned this. Thread
It looks like body slime sloughing off, as fungus is usually more thicker with "hairs" sticking out.. either way the treatment is the same, and luckily, treatment for ich is the same for body slime and conservative for fungus :)
Ok, thanks for the headsup. I had examined the first photo again and again, and the fuzziness on the dorsal fin strikes me more like fuzzy stuff then slime coat. I understand that they get "hairy", so I thought that could be the beginning of a fungus infection due to the "fuzz"
Thanks again!
Old 02-09-2012, 03:18 AM   #8 
Karebear13

Earthworm88 I adore your little signature with descriptions of your family :)
I know a betta just like Lapis :)
Old 02-09-2012, 04:19 AM   #9 
earthworm88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karebear13 View Post
Earthworm88 I adore your little signature with descriptions of your family :)
I know a betta just like Lapis :)
Thanks! Karebear Will be updating them soon...as some of their personalities have changed with "age", except for my old gizzer Lapis! lol