Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #31 
BeautifulBetta

Alright, just stopping in here to say something, not trying to be mean, but more than 10 fish in a 10 gallon is too many..I dont know if this "rule" is still around, but we used to go by 1 fish per one gallon of water, at least. I would give away at least most of the feeder fish, especially since we don't know what they even are.

UndertakerNo1: I wish I could help but I've never kept gourami so I have no idea. I would make another thread and ask there, you'll probably get more answers!
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:04 PM   #32 
bettafish15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBetta View Post
Alright, just stopping in here to say something, not trying to be mean, but more than 10 fish in a 10 gallon is too many..I dont know if this "rule" is still around, but we used to go by 1 fish per one gallon of water, at least. I would give away at least most of the feeder fish, especially since we don't know what they even are.
I agree with this, I think a 10 gallon is too small. You adding the neon tetras on top of the mystery fish was a really bad decision, but you can still fix it by getting another tank if you can afford it, a large plastic bin works just as well and can be safely heated (and it's cheap) or you can re-home the fish. :)
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:19 PM   #33 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I'd try and find the new fishies a new home.. keep your betta girl in her 5 gallon for sure though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertakerno1 View Post
I have a blue powdered dawrf gurimi and I was wondering if you can put it with a betta since it has a filter and it has bubbles that have to be in the tank. I was wondering if you can put him with that kind of fish? will the filter hurt the betta to? or will the betta be fine?
You probably should have started your own topic :p. But no, don't put your betta in that tank. The gourami and betta are both labyrinth fish and the gourami will pick on the betta a lot. He will chew up the betta's fins and they'd make each other miserable.
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:47 PM   #34 
NewFishyOwner

I'm giving away almost all the Feeder Fish just staying with three of them and the 5 neon and my girl that's it. So at leats I found a home for them but thinking of giving away all of the feeder fish and just staying with the neon and my girl it's gonna be easier.
NewFishyOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:49 PM   #35 
MandiceP

The only major problem I see is that you just got the ten gallon tank and threw the fish all in at once? Do you know about the nitrogen cycle and how to properly cycle a tank? You can't just get a ten gallon and fill it with water and add 10 fish... you have to add them slowly and allow the bacteria to grow in the tank so that it can handle the amount of fish. If your ammonia spikes most of your fish will probably die. Make sure you do lots of water changes until you can figure out what to do with most of the fish... Good luck
MandiceP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:12 PM   #36 
NewFishyOwner

Well I am doing a lot of water changes. Every day almost full water change.Now I only have 5 fish the others I've taken out and am giving them away so no problems there less waist and fish in a tank. But yeah I am changing the water a lot.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:40 AM   #37 
MaisyDawgThirteen

What fish are in the 10 gallon right now?
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:47 PM   #38 
NewFishyOwner

Only 6 are in the gallon right now. So peopale don't freak, I gave away the other extra 10 fish. But I'm moving so I'm giving my fish to my sister yay! She says she will take them in hopefully they will be alright if not well I did my very best I'm just sorry I will have to depart from them. But thankfully I can now teach my sister a lot on keeping the fish well so maybe it will all be ok and the kids might enjoy it. Greatly.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:10 PM   #39 
kfryman

Whoops sorry, I didn't see that they aren't in there.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:02 PM   #40 
MaisyDawgThirteen

Are all 6 neons?
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote