Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-02-2014, 12:11 PM   #1 
Thothgirl

The Saga of Angels

Wanted to move this thread over to here, so here is the link to the start of it

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=386586

Last night my ferret zee decided to "help" and I use that term in the loose possible since. I was cleaning up Melt from both crypts and swords (UCK!) when she decided the best idea in the world would be to steal my turkey baster i use to pick up left over food. after the second time of taking it away from her while trying to vacuum the bottom of the 30 she bolted with it I managed to get the vacuum out in time to lunge for her which knocked the desk lamp i have been using while waiting for the real lights into tank. ferret in one hand i dive for the lamp with the other. every bodies is fine, but I was NOT happy.

I informed Zee if i didn't think she would think it was a reward and it would hurt the fish I would have dumped HER into the aquarium. she wardanced at me and scampered off with a happy come play with me chitter.

Ferrets are HELPFUL!
Thothgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 01:30 AM   #2 
Thothgirl

Checked Porthos fins. which are healing! YEAH! so it is coming down to which will happen first, he heals or he out grows the ten. I am actually leaning toward the heal.

Today the ferrets got on to the coffee table the 30 is on while my sweet builds the tank stand. the ferrets wanted to check it out and the angelfish FREAKED. apparently the (from the fishes point of view) this ginormous tiny tentacled monster from beyond was way beyond their pay grade. they huddled in their cave as I convinced Zee that quite honestly anything else in the apartment was more interesting than the 30.

When I tested water today got a Nitrite of not on scale. so 50% water change right now, 50% in the morning and a TON of prime. fish seem okay though. I think my Sterbai is pregnant. she has gone from little round to full out teetering as she rests. was going to do some more reserch on it.

Myr is an amazing! that's really all I have to say about that. he has built a harem size bubble nest and if chilling under it. I informed him he was WAY to bad tempered for me to even try to mate him, but to enjoy guarding his non existent young.
Old 05-04-2014, 01:36 AM   #3 
Thothgirl

okay I knew better, but I used the term pregnant in regards to a cory. I am just not sure what the term for "full of luscious, glorious eggs" is.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:57 AM   #4 
Thothgirl

Just posted images in an album! would post to thread but not sure how to do that.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:53 PM   #5 
Thothgirl

BOOM! and the 30 is cycled!!!! all fish made it through and are alive and well and frisky!!! (happy dance, happy dance!!!)

Tommorrow gonna re introduce porthos and make sure that goes well... and if it does... Friday new Betta! I am so on the happy train right now. Three cycled tanks! okay I know it is over doing it but SQUEE!!!!
Old 05-07-2014, 11:43 AM   #6 
Thothgirl

actually introducing porthos as i type. so far no aggression, but I also gave everyone half a square of tubiflex worms to keep them occupied. The Cories are healthy and happy. I am mostly waiting to see if their will be fin nipping. I am going to sit here and watch for another 15 mins, cause that rounds into an hour. then I wil just keep and eye on everyone for the rest of the day.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:32 PM   #7 
BlueLacee

Location: Colorado Rockies, the Land of Skiing, Festivals, and Incredibly Rich
haha, the joys of other pets who think that they can help you
BlueLacee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 03:25 AM   #8 
Thothgirl

I have been running around so hard keeping everyone going, I feel kinda deflated now. ya know? I have been getting up early, spending 3 hours a day making sure all the tanks are as healthy and as good as I can make them and now.... they are all cycled and good. I have free time again and I have no idea what to do with it!
Old 05-10-2014, 02:03 PM   #9 
Thothgirl

Got 2 new Betta's yesterday for my cycled 10! a crown tail named Fritz and a halfmoon double tail named Saki. dividing the tank went well, I did have to split a plant but it seems to be going well.

On too the Angels! the Amazon swords started growing! YEAH! as are the crypts. not really fast enough for my tastes, but hey, growing is happening! and Aramas the Big yellow on is starting to claim territory and running off any of the other angels that get near his space. Not entirely sure what to do about it at this stage. I am keeping on eye on the situtation.
Old 05-25-2014, 03:55 PM   #10 
Thothgirl

son of a bleep bleep bleep in the bleep! I have blue-green algae in all the of tanks. the least in Myrs, just a little bit, but there. I lost my 2 albino cories. I knew i had algae but didn't fret because I like the brown diadem type, makes a tank look lived in. spent last night cleaning all the tanks and wiping off individual leafs of all the plants.

Spent the morning calling around trying to find Maracyn and also in the 25 tablets i need for full round for everyone. LFS seems to have it so I am on the way over there to try to get it. I THINK it started in the angel fish tank and spread to the divided tank via vacuum.

Will keep you posted.