Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-29-2012, 01:29 AM   #291 
magnum

Wow, Thanks! That would be awesome, of course I'd have to talk to my mum about it, and still tell her that Melbourne would be an awesome place to stay. Exotic Aquatics sounds like one of those fishy places were you can spend hours in! I don't mind odd houses, a house is your home and I love seeing the ways people decorate. I'm still trying to tell Mum that a giant tank as a wall would be a great selling point for our house.

As for your snails, I could see if you could ship some up to me. I seem to have somehow exterminated the local snail population in my tanks. Thats if you have no other use for them. If that was the case, I could also see if I could get some products from Jodi-Lea or something to send down to you, almost like a trade.

Just a quick off topic note here, I am in love with LBF's display picture. Your HMPK is adorable.
magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:59 AM   #292 
LittleBettaFish

Thanks. He's one of Jodi-Lea's. I have tons of fish sent either through her (from AB) or purchased directly from her. She is such a pleasure to deal with and from what I've seen online her store looks immaculate and her bettas very well cared for. I've had fish arrive from her and as soon as I put them in their tanks they have started trying to spawn.

EA is great if you are into cool little fish and shrimp, planted aquariums and lots of neat 'stuff'. Wolfgang and Adrian are both really nice and make you feel very welcome. Adrian even lets our German shepherd puppy come and sit in his store when we drop in after dog club. Although that may be so he can steal her one day haha.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:00 AM   #293 
magnum

Ah, Jodie-Lea's fish are amazing. I've been to her store, and I could pretty much spend all day in there. It's quite rare though that she gets a HMPK male in singularly though.

Ah, it sounds exactly like my kind of store! EA will have to be on my stops for when I convince my mum to go to Melbourne! Your German Shepard puppy sounds adorable too btw!
Old 08-29-2012, 04:02 AM   #294 
magnum

Ah, Jodie-Lea's fish are amazing. I've been to her store, and I could pretty much spend all day in there. It's quite rare though that she gets a HMPK male in singularly though.

Ah, it sounds exactly like my kind of store! EA will have to be on my stops for when I convince my mum to go to Melbourne! Your German Shepard puppy sounds adorable too btw!
Old 08-29-2012, 04:58 AM   #295 
Aus

Well, then - perhaps we can all meet up for a spot of lunch somewhere and a visit to EA, when Magnum comes down to Melbourne?

It'll be a few weeks until I'm financially viable again, though.. this move is a giant money-sucking black hole. And I don't want to go to EA with at least a little spare cash.. NO FISH though. You guys would have to restrain me. No more fish for Aus!

Maybe just some shrimp.. >>
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:34 AM   #296 
SeaHorse
TFK Moderator

When is the big event anyway? Moving day? I can at least be there in spirit! I'll have a drink for you. lol
SeaHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:56 AM   #297 
Aus

Perhaps in spirit - quite literally, then? ;) (make mine a vanilla vodka martini)

The truck arrives Saturday! And I still have SO much to do. ><

The fish are going over tomorrow evening, and before that I have the big shed and my room to finish up. Eek! Oh well, I'm sure we'll get it all done.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:17 PM   #298 
magnum

You'll be good no stress! I'd be more worried on transporting the fish if it was me, I don't have any experience with that sort of thing!

Quote:
Well, then - perhaps we can all meet up for a spot of lunch somewhere and a visit to EA, when Magnum comes down to Melbourne?
That would be great! My mum's always said she'd take me to the Melbourne Cup (Im a horse maniac) so, if I come down then, it would be lovely!
Old 08-29-2012, 06:27 PM   #299 
birdielikestomatoes

Oh jeez, now I feel left out. I'd love to visit Melbourne and meet everyone here but I doubt that would happen any time soon if ever. Mom always wants to go visit England to see family if we want to go on a large vacation. Ah well.

Good luck on moving the fishies! I'm sure everyone will be fare alright, although they might be a little shaken during the move.
birdielikestomatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:26 AM   #300 
Aus

Absolutely gutted.

We moved on Saturday as planned, but I only got my phone and internet this morning (actually yesterday morning, as it's now 2am) -- I tried to post earlier but couldn't bring myself to -- as I lost all five of the strohi.

I was careful with the fish. All made it over okay but the next morning I went to check on the wilds and they were all dead. The pleco and darwin shrimp are all fine. They were in the same large temporary tub (as the 3ft is still to come over..) and the snails had their own bucket to keep ammonia down for the fish. I don't know why the bettas died.

LBF, I am so sorry. I must have done something wrong. I just don't know what.

Will think/post more about it when I'm not feeling so ****ful. I was very, very fond of those fish.