Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-31-2013, 09:32 AM   #381 
Aus

You must find it! Because I want to see it. :B

While we're talking form poems.. and triolets.. I really must share my very most favourite triolet of all time. Actually a double triolet.. but anyways. Here 'tis:

The Country Wife

by Dana Gioia

She makes her way through the dark trees
Down to the lake to be alone.
Following their voices on the breeze,
She makes her way. Through the dark trees
The distant stars are all she sees.
They cannot light the way she's gone.
She makes her way through the dark trees
Down to the lake to be alone.

The night reflected on the lake,
The fire of stars changed into water.
She cannot see the winds that break
The night reflected on the lake
But knows they motion for her sake.
These are the choices they have brought her:
The night reflected on the lake,
The fire of stars changed into water.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 02:06 PM   #382 
summersea

Over the past several days I have read through your entire journal (that should give you a pretty good estimation on the amount of free time I have had while on Christmas Break ). I have smiled, laughed, and even cried a little with you as I read.

I just wanted to say that I love your writings and your aqua-scraping has me inspired to do research into NPT tanks. I will have to create my own "dream list" for that tank as it will likely be far into the future.

I hope to see you post again soon! Happy New Year!
summersea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 02:53 PM   #383 
birdielikestomatoes

Good to see you posting again, Aus. You've actually made me come out of BF hiding just to write this.

I'm sorry to hear of your losses. It's always hard to lose a pet no matter how furry or scaly they are. :(

Those amigurumi are amazing. I've been wanting to get into them for awhile but I just have never had the motivation to start. I have all the supplies and everything. Inspire me?

Tinkerbell is gorgeous. I hate the thought of you losing her as well. But at the same time she does need her shots. It's a tough decision. Let's hope the vet you choose takes pity on her and let's her stay in the loving home she's found.

Lovely poems as usual! Happy New Year. ♥
birdielikestomatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:22 PM   #384 
Aus

Thank you Summersea -- and nice to meet you! What's summer hols for, if not slothing about and relaxing, eh? I am glad you spent a portion of yours reading my journal, lol. As for the NPT -- gosh, check OldFishLady and her tanks, she is a fountain of wisdom for NPT's. They really are not that hard, you know, if you start out with the right materials and lots of stem plants (lots!). My own needs an overhaul, that the one with the bajillion trumpet snails in it, so maybe I'll need to make a new wishlist for that!

BLT!!!! Gosh, good to see you (so to speak, ha)! Thank you, and yes, fingers crossed about Tinkerbell. She's really become part of our home now.. I think it's almost a year since I first heard that strange little tink-tink-tink in the yard at night. And I now consider it my personal mission in life to show you the art of amigurumi.

Your mission for today, should you accept it, is to look up "how to make a magic ring" on youtube.

No, it's not a Harry Potter thing. :B It's the basic starter stitch for working in the round, for heads and such, so you don't end up with little holey gaps in the middle. :D

No, this journal will not self-destruct in 30 seconds. But I might, if I don't get some coffee into me. Let me know when you've perfected the magic ring, and I'll show you some wonderful starter patterns. :>
Old 01-01-2014, 12:26 AM   #385 
Aus

I have decided that my own mission for today will be to attempt to come up with a really pretty pattern for a betta fish.. I have a ton of aqua cotton sitting about doing nothing much, so it'll be a VERY blue fishy, if this work out, ha. I was thinking maybe.. a blue and white marble...

*gets to hookin'*

no not THAT kind of hooking...
Old 01-01-2014, 04:03 AM   #386 
rsskylight04

I thought a magic ring could only be made in the fiery pits of Mordor. Jk.
rsskylight04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 05:51 AM   #387 
Aus

Jk? Clearly, you have not witnessed my home, the day after New Years.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:05 AM   #388 
birdielikestomatoes

I'll have to look that up for sure! Although, if I started crocheting again I'd probably be tempted to make the scarf that I planned on doing 3 years ago. I even bought the softest wool at the time, and it's gorgeous to boot! It's a soft cream, baby pink, and brown mix. Have I mentioned how wondrously soft it is?

Plus, I have this cute little rabbit pin that I bought recently that would look adorable on the end of a scarf. Hmmm, temptation.

I hope you guys had a wonderful new years night. I accidentally slept though it. Haha. I was just going to have a nap, honest!
birdielikestomatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:07 PM   #389 
Aus

Crochet betta update: Body done... and betta fins are incredibly hard to create a pattern for. That is all.

BLT, you party animal, you. We had a quiet one this year, as we went out the evening before and Irish worked all day, poor thing. Daughter was on the 'net with her bajillion friends from all over the world, and yeah. Once our nice dinner was done, I was watching Being Human episodes and relaxing with a few glasses of champers.. felt like a real luxury-puss, ha.

That yarn sounds really nice! Go onnnnn, make the scarf... you know you want to.

I made heaps of scarves this winter past, having some truly lovely lace-weight and 4ply silk and merino yarns laying about, and some patterns inspired by Victorian lacemakers.

I wish I had abundant monies, sometimes. I really do. I don't want much, I'm not a materialistic person at all... but hoboy, what I wouldn't do for a chance to go shopping for Fyberspates and Handmaiden lace yarns without worrying about the $. Oh, and some fishy accessories too.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:57 AM   #390 
Aus

Well, I had --every intention-- of overhauling my 3g cube today. It's really mucky with old leaves and whatnot, as I've been using it as a grow-out tank for the many baby java ferns my big tank has produced. No stock.. so just water changing out of habit, really and to keep the plants fed. It look like a wreck, which irks me, but the damned arthritis was just too painful today, it makes me feel very weary indeed. It is, however, water change time for the big tank tomorrow and pain or not, that has to be done, so I might do the cube while I'm at it..

My crochet has progressed very little, also.. Basically, I've been reading and grouching about being up to doing nothing else. I hope to get at least the tail done by tomorrow.

But is it a plakat, or a veiltail???