Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-14-2012, 09:43 AM   #11 
earthworm88

Wow...did I read it right? You have a 400 liter tank? No wonder your hubby bans you from having more fish lol I am a diver, so I enjoy seeing fishes in the "aquarium" nature has to offer and I can't imagine taking care of a 100 gal tank!

OFL, our super moderator here is also a natural aquarist. I like reading her advice and suggestions and also learn something new from the members here everyday I don't think you need the water bubble, it's nice to have but not necessary. I know, these little guys are so resilient with interesting personalities and all gorgeous! If I could have my ways, I would have a houseful of them, but my hubby said enough is enough (Not sure why he is giving his opinion, since I am the one who takes care of them all lol)

Cheers!
earthworm88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:38 PM   #12 
sharon

I have posted a picture of sushi somewhere on the site!!! today, he is so much better, there is also a pic of my 399liter tank here too , would adding ES on a regular basis help to stop it reoccuring?
sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:41 PM   #13 
earthworm88

Once he has been through the 10-14 days treatment for the SB/buoyancy issue and has recovered from the problem, I would not keep him in on a regular basis even though ES can be used long term and I know some do. From my personal experience, if the betta is prone to have SB issues, ideally it should be in a shallower and wider container.

Good luck to you and Sushi

Cheers!
earthworm88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:03 AM   #14 
sharon

for everyone who gave advice or is looking in, I have posted a pic of sushi now he appears better, I really thought I was going to lose him, we are back to sharing coffeee time again(tank is next to the kettle)thanks again everyone
sharon is offline   Reply With Quote