Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-07-2012, 04:45 PM   #1 
FlaneryPlakat

Talking Hiya, from southern Virginia.

Hey guys! I finally became a member! I've been stalking this forum like an insane person. Alas, I had dial-up so it was just out of the question putting my cardboard box of a computer through that. BUT! I have high speed now and here I am.

I have been keeping betta fish for a long, long time on and off. But it wasn't until a year or so ago I truly learned how to properly take care of one.

As of right now, I have 3:
Pineapple is my oldest and smallest. He's a Wal-mart rescue, nice blues and blacks in him. I've had him for over a year.

Flanery is my pride and joy. One day with a good paycheck in hand I go to a Local store called Animal Jungle. I was aiming to get a ball python for my breeding colony but I never did find one I liked.. So I wandered to the small wall of betta fish and there is Flanery in a cup just staring at me like "HUUURRRRR I LOVE YOU." Soo, I picked him up. He's a halfmoon plakat, black and white piebald with a thin black french mustache.

Plant is my latest, another Wal-mart one.. I always fall for them at Walmart... He's just a fantasy crown-tail and he's always super angry. Anything I set near his tank is a potential threat to his manliness, be it a cup or a bottlecap, it needs to die. So far he's pretty good, I've read many horror stories come out of wal-mart fish keeping.. But I have an eye on him.

Anywho... Pictures to come and I can't wait to get down to chatting. =]
FlaneryPlakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:57 PM   #2 
SeaHorse
TFK Moderator

Hey FlaneryPlakat! Welcome to TFK. We love pics!
SeaHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:25 AM   #3 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Hi and welcome to the forum.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:58 AM   #4 
MaisyDawgThirteen

Pics please! :D
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:25 PM   #5 
FlaneryPlakat

Unfortunately, Plant has passed away.. Reasons unknown, but I did purchase him from Walmart. :C I knew him only for a few days, but he was a super rad fish...

Today I went to go betta shopping, I really hate having an empty tank.. And I came home with 2. >_>

But, here are pictures.

Of course Flanery:

Then Pineapple:

First new betta I bought, his name is Hades. I did get him at walmart, but I didn't see him there a couple days ago so he might be from a fresh batch. I may have gotten him just in time to keep him from getting the Walmart curse. I named him Hades only because he looks black, but when the light is on him he POPS like fire. And also he is always angry.:

Then the other, whom I have named Narmur. At first I thought he was a lavender color, but then apparently when I was taking pictures he turned to a bright electric blue. Maybe he wasn't bright because he was kept in a smoothie cup. Yeah, that place keeps bettas in clear smoothie cups. Anyway, he's a complete photo hog. It was hard getting a picture of him because he just kept coming towards the camera. Luckily I got this "hair flip-dramatic sexy turn around" shot. XD
Old 02-12-2012, 10:00 AM   #6 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Betta keeping....so glad you found us and joined our Betta keeping community.....

Look forward to hearing more about your Betta adventures....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:58 AM   #7 
MaisyDawgThirteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaneryPlakat View Post
Unfortunately, Plant has passed away.. Reasons unknown, but I did purchase him from Walmart. :C I knew him only for a few days, but he was a super rad fish...

Today I went to go betta shopping, I really hate having an empty tank.. And I came home with 2. >_>

But, here are pictures.

Of course Flanery:

Then Pineapple:

First new betta I bought, his name is Hades. I did get him at walmart, but I didn't see him there a couple days ago so he might be from a fresh batch. I may have gotten him just in time to keep him from getting the Walmart curse. I named him Hades only because he looks black, but when the light is on him he POPS like fire. And also he is always angry.:

Then the other, whom I have named Narmur. At first I thought he was a lavender color, but then apparently when I was taking pictures he turned to a bright electric blue. Maybe he wasn't bright because he was kept in a smoothie cup. Yeah, that place keeps bettas in clear smoothie cups. Anyway, he's a complete photo hog. It was hard getting a picture of him because he just kept coming towards the camera. Luckily I got this "hair flip-dramatic sexy turn around" shot. XD
I love flanery's little moustache. xD
Narmur is a beauty! :D
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:16 AM   #8 
FlaneryPlakat

:3 Thank you! Narmur looks like a pale lavender but when you put light on him he looks like that. Without flash he looks very dull. Flanery's mustache is part of why I bought him. XD
Old 02-17-2012, 10:48 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to the forum.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote