Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-27-2012, 12:06 PM   #21 
Sena Hansler

You can even make carefresh. Cheaper, and if you're in my situation where you need 4 of the 15.00 bags to fill the cage, cheap is better LOL. I use aspen.... but since nowhere sells it anymore I have to save my budget AND keep my guineas clean and happy D:
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:28 PM   #22 
animallover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso1011 View Post
I agree that ferrets have a unique odor that may be unappealing to some (myself included). The only other small animal that I find can be a little bit smelly is male rats. I love rats, but the males have a slight smell and their coats get oily real quick so I feel kinda dirty after picking one up.
I don't remember my male rat smelling too bad, but than again, after he killed our female rat, we were never able to hold him again.
animallover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:32 PM   #23 
animallover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
You can even make carefresh. Cheaper, and if you're in my situation where you need 4 of the 15.00 bags to fill the cage, cheap is better LOL. I use aspen.... but since nowhere sells it anymore I have to save my budget AND keep my guineas clean and happy D:
How do I make carefresh? Tell me about how many bags we need! I have my 5 tanks for them, and each needing a minimum of 5-6 inches to dig, and changes! Yikes. Im between $80-$100 a month in bedding and their food! Not including my fish or hibernating turtles lol!
Old 02-27-2012, 02:28 PM   #24 
Sena Hansler

If you look on youtube, there are GREAT videos.

But simply, shred paper into strips, soak in warm or hot water, tear into tiny pieces... You can let dry or send it through the dryer (even the washer) in a pillow sack, but if you use the washer rather than a bucket you will need to drain the pillow case A LOT.

You'll want to pound on it... so a meat hammer, sludge hammer, a shoe, your foot, your fist whatever your preference You can use newspaper, flyers, computer paper, etc just make sure that it is non-toxic ink (most use...veggie oil base I think?) Trust me.... I pay 30.00 for my guineas, and that is food, hay, toys, and extras... I don't want it to be 130-200 for bedding! It's ridiculous LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzaHFdwxzjk&feature=fvst
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MODxfJqD7M4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU0Vf_nPH-o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUqyFK04sto

Just a few :) most are pretty much the same. I am going to make some tomorrow if I can. If you get tons of flyers and papers like I do, that is the BEST.Apparently you can also use food dye to make it colored... I probably won't.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #25 
animallover

Thank you! I know this is not the place, but I have another issue with my 29 gall one fish just died, can you look at the thread? Sorry for my spelling, Im in a rush!
Old 02-27-2012, 03:22 PM   #26 
Sena Hansler

sure I can!!
Old 02-27-2012, 03:45 PM   #27 
animallover

Thanks again :)
Old 02-27-2012, 03:47 PM   #28 
Sena Hansler

No problem!! I am working on the room layout for my guineas hehe :3 a WHOLE room to themselves!! On scary hot days, they'll be somewhere a bit smaller, but nice and cold (the room under the stairs)
Old 02-27-2012, 04:08 PM   #29 
skylar5712

i use carefresh for my hamsters and i use pellets for my rabbit as it is easier for me 2 clean my rabbit cage. but i think that carefresh is definatly the way 2 go
skylar5712 is offline   Reply With Quote