Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-10-2012, 10:09 PM   #1 
elegantlyunsophisticated

Hello From San Diego!!

So I'm really bored/stressing about things/ trying to get my mind off stuff, so I figured I'd make an intro! I've been lurking this site for a long while, made an account, posted some rabble and questions, but now I'm trying to be more productive and helpful as I become more experienced in the realm of fishkeeping. I have 4 bettas, a goldfish, and some African cichlids and oddballs. I love them all and they make me so happy One of my bettas is a petco baby who is well on his way to a happy adulthood.
I live in San Diego, California, and I love it here. I am a complete socal kid and people from other parts of the US may have trouble understanding me, but not in writing. Also, I LOVE writing! I have a tumblr in which I write about my experiences in lengthy yet well written posts, and occasionally post cool pictures. It's appropriate for all ages and it's not melodramatic teenager stuff. If people want to read it I'll link it.
I thought I'd also include a picture!
Attached Images

elegantlyunsophisticated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:10 AM   #2 
GwenInNM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegantlyunsophisticated View Post
So I'm really bored/stressing about things/ trying to get my mind off stuff, so I figured I'd make an intro! I've been lurking this site for a long while, made an account, posted some rabble and questions, but now I'm trying to be more productive and helpful as I become more experienced in the realm of fishkeeping. I have 4 bettas, a goldfish, and some African cichlids and oddballs. I love them all and they make me so happy One of my bettas is a petco baby who is well on his way to a happy adulthood.
I live in San Diego, California, and I love it here. I am a complete socal kid and people from other parts of the US may have trouble understanding me, but not in writing. Also, I LOVE writing! I have a tumblr in which I write about my experiences in lengthy yet well written posts, and occasionally post cool pictures. It's appropriate for all ages and it's not melodramatic teenager stuff. If people want to read it I'll link it.
I thought I'd also include a picture!

Welcome! First of all, I must say I'm very envious of you for living in S.D. My fav place! I have a 13 year old daughter who loves to write too (no interest in fish though)

If you like to write, you should check out a site for kids, where my daughter posts and writes etc. Books, Stories, Writing Contests and Publishing for Kids | KidPub Press. My kiddo loves it!

There is a small membership fee - can't remember what it is $15/year?, but check it out and see if you may like it.

Gwen
GwenInNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:23 PM   #3 
Karebear13

Hey! I live in S.D too!! totally a South CAl person too :)
Karebear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:59 PM   #4 
elegantlyunsophisticated

awesome!! It's not often you meet another san diegan online XP I don't know what we do online. I'm in cbad though!

Thanks for the link Gwen! I'll definitely check it out.

most of my writing goes here: http://elegantlyunsophisticated.tumblr.com/
my language may not be 100% bettafish.com appropriate but it's not terrible.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:15 PM   #5 
Karebear13

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegantlyunsophisticated View Post
awesome!! It's not often you meet another san diegan online XP I don't know what we do online. I'm in cbad though!

Thanks for the link Gwen! I'll definitely check it out.

most of my writing goes here: http://elegantlyunsophisticated.tumblr.com/
my language may not be 100% bettafish.com appropriate but it's not terrible.
haha Awesome. I too am on Tumblr! As a college student I spend my days on the computer becoming addicted to Forums like this one.
Karebear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:26 PM   #6 
elegantlyunsophisticated

yeah, I kind of regret making a tumblr but it's great for writing! I just keep linking it everywhere cause I really love opinions on my writing and if I kept people interested. XD I'm just a junior in high school but I am addicted to so many online things!
Old 02-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #7 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Betta keeping....so glad you found us and joined our Betta keeping community.....

Look forward to hearing more about your Betta adventures....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:15 AM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to the forum.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote