Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-11-2012, 12:57 AM   #1 
purplemuffin

20 gallon tall sorority

So I have a 20 gallon tall tank. it has the same footprint as a 10 gallon, but it is like two ten gallons stacked on top of one another.

I was wondering how a sorority would work in there and how many females you think would be appropriate for the size. I know in a 10 you probably wouldn't want more than 5 due to water quality, but do you think with the extra height space and amount of clean water a few more could comfortably live? I wouldn't put as many as I would if it were a 20 gallon long, but do you suppose a middle range of females would be fine? What number would you feel most comfortable adding?

Thinking about having a NPT. What do you think?
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:07 AM   #2 
Myates

If you go the NPT you could have a couple more then a non planted tank.. for a 20 tall, I'd say you can fit 8 girls in there comfortably. If it were a long 20 gallon you could have up to 10, but a tall just doesn't have the footprint sadly.
Can possibly even do 6 girls and 4 cories for the bottom, especially if you have a fair amount of live plants in there.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:41 AM   #3 
purplemuffin

Thanks for the advice! The cories sound cute, I might go with that option.
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote