Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-12-2012, 12:49 PM   #1 
MorganC2010

Question Underfeeding?

Hello all! I've been meaning to post this for a while but I'm just now getting to it. I want to know your opinions on how much i feed my bettas. I don't think I'm underfeeding but I want to be sure.

Food Type: Omega One Natural Protein Formula, Small floating pellets
When: 2 pellets in the morning 6 days a week.
Other: I fast them for one day a week and occasionally give them freeze dried bloodworms in stead of pellets. I also have to cut the pellets in half because even though they say 'small' I noticed they have trouble eating them when they are whole. Also one of my bettas is prone to getting bloat, and it's not just the full tummy look either, and recently one of them (eugene) got a really weird bloat thing going on (which has never happened before) but after a day of fasting followed by a day with only 1 pellet it went away.

Any advice you can give me would be awesome!
MorganC2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:02 PM   #2 
Ayane Hajinmon

is this what you have? i feed mine 5 per day in the morning...2 treats per week on the evening of the two nights before i change his water and fast him
i dont know if youre under feeding him or im over feeding him
Ayane Hajinmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:25 PM   #3 
MorganC2010

this is more like what I have just in pellet form instead of flakes. I have only been feeding 2 a day because they seem large to me and my bettas can only eat them if i cut them in half.

I don't know if you're overfeeding either. Hopefully someone will stop by and help us out.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #4 
MorganC2010

Ha! found the right picture. This is what I have...

Old 02-12-2012, 03:38 PM   #5 
Ayane Hajinmon

so you do have something different lol...i was surprise when you say you have to break it...i remember seeing this omega one super color at petsmart but i dont remember how big the pellets are...if its really big that you have to break it in half so its like...giving him 4 small pellets right? i dont think you're underfeeding him =D
you should also try the Omega One betta buffet pellets...its really a perfect size for betta to swallow ^_^
Ayane Hajinmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #6 
MorganC2010

Yeah it's more like 4 small pellets. Ok, I was just hoping I wasn't starving my little guys. But i think i'll just stick to what I have, I've already gotten into the routine of chopping up their food and it really isn't a problem and they seem to enjoy it. Plus I spent like $10 on it (I had to order it online) and while that dosent sound like a lot it is to me right now so I think I'll just use it untill it's gone. Unless you think it isn't good for them? THanks for the advice tho! I will look up the buffet pellets when I run out :)
Old 02-12-2012, 04:20 PM   #7 
Leeniex

I use the same pellets and have to chop them up too. I split their feedings to twice a day though.
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote