Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-25-2012, 04:51 PM   #61 
chrissylee13

i forgot about snakes haha i only care for them at my store. and they are pretty easy i agree. and so is a cycled tank. lots easier than a fish bowl.
chrissylee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:14 AM   #62 
Sena Hansler

I found out by my bf, that an approximate 100 gallon tank of his......landlord? Has probably 50 goldfish who are huge! He says we can get one for free. I say... gimme a 100 and we'll put a FEW in. not 50. or 100. >.> I do things right haha
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:42 PM   #63 
chrissylee13

oh my gosh! wow. yeah thats crazy...
chrissylee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:56 AM   #64 
Thebettaqueen

I was at the petstore yesterday..
And the woman, who was trying to sell another betta, was also giving out the wrong information! I 'asked' ( already knowing) If they needed heaters. She said NO. She said they came from the cold waters of Japan!! I was outraged. Then I said " But they're tropical." She replied with " Oh! They're labeled tropical because they can go with other tropical fish. It doesn't mean they need heaters :B" Obviously, being tropical means they need WARM WATER. Ugh. The stupid chick was ticking me off " They only need room temp :B" Ugh..
Thebettaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:47 PM   #65 
GuppyBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebettaqueen View Post
I was at the petstore yesterday..
And the woman, who was trying to sell another betta, was also giving out the wrong information! I 'asked' ( already knowing) If they needed heaters. She said NO. She said they came from the cold waters of Japan!! I was outraged. Then I said " But they're tropical." She replied with " Oh! They're labeled tropical because they can go with other tropical fish. It doesn't mean they need heaters :B" Obviously, being tropical means they need WARM WATER. Ugh. The stupid chick was ticking me off " They only need room temp :B" Ugh.
\

I'm sorry to resurrect this thread, but; "cold waters of Japan?" I'm beginning to wonder if bettas are smarter than some humans.
GuppyBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:29 PM   #66 
lvandert

I was at wally world looking over the females to see if I can't get a sick one on discount (I'mm all for saving a buck here or there) and this family came up and was like "how do we know which ones are which? how do we know if their sick?" I couldn't just stand there and look stupid so I helped them out. Come to fin dout someone at petco said they HAD to have fluval 5 gal for their betta otherwise they'd die. I immediately said that its not needed. Long story short I helped them figure out the right tank (turns out they had a 2.5 gallon at home collecting dust) and helped them pick a healthy fish.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:53 PM   #67 
Bombalurina

Because bettas know all about brand, and if you choose a standard rectangle tank instead of a Fluval, your betta will know, and die just to tell you how cruel you are.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:05 PM   #68 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

They must live in the highest fashion. Or else they throw fits. xD
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:59 AM   #69 
lvandert

I know I giggled. Poor lady probably felt like a fool. She didn't believe the person at petco but they were so pushy about it
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #70 
MrVampire181

I'm glad I don't deal with pet stores anymore. I usually just buy things like filter cartridges, nets, thermometers etc. at Walmart. I really don't have time to deal with them. Ill help a customer but I don't deal with employees.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote