Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-12-2012, 01:05 PM   #71 
chrissylee13

silly silly uneducated pushy employees. makes me glad that i know the things i do. that way no one can tell me otherwise and i can help other people.

it was funny, the person i posted this thread about originally tried to tell me that i shouldn't have more than 2 females in my sorority i'm planning. and that the less females and less aggressive they will be towards one another.... O.O i quickly corrected him. :D
chrissylee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:07 PM   #72 
lvandert

lol makes me almost want to get a job there and show them up :P
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:07 PM   #73 
nel3

theres mom/pop small LPS downtown which isnt always 100% clean in apperance but it does get a 90% from me. their fish tanks arent exactly 100 clean but theres slight algea issues on the tank walls. the place isnt that bad but i found out its good points today. theres limited nutrafin and hikari products ie fish food and jungle brand meds. the clerk there had the misfortune of trying the ____fix products 1st hand on betta with deadly results. im glad they are atleast a bit educated (didnt do a full course questionaire to test them) but they have experince with various meds. they dont have any nutrafin ____fix medications :) on sale there.

they dont have much choice on betta and betta care is decent but not exemplary. i did get full 234ml container (used old empty fish jar.) of jungle fungal infection med for $8 from them :). they seem more knowledgble than the chain stores fish pet care lesson regimen. some of the chain stores here have knwlegble staff but the betta/fish department is on subpar as usual. she did say that maracyn products didnt work for her but she didnt specify to me which reasons she used it for at that time. they're more into API and jungle brand meds than the carp that nutrafin pushes on the market. unfortunately i still need to go to plattsburgfro jungle anti parasite pellets or order them.

Last edited by nel3; 03-12-2012 at 06:10 PM.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:16 PM   #74 
Bombalurina

One day I really want to go into my local shops and ask advice about 'my first betta', just to find out what they are saying to people without experience.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:32 AM   #75 
LugiaChan

1) I'm wondering if the pet stores give this information out so that they can profit from the medicine they give out for betta fish...

2) I really want to know if they're truly profiting off smaller inventory things (I think you can stack up the $20 tiny betta plastic boxes in a 10 gal tank and it'd cost more thus more profit with the smaller tanks) PLUS they're easier to sell because people don't want to pay so much in a rough economy.

If you tell someone you need a large tank, filter heater and things- it's possible the sales will be down because of people's thoughts of "oh my gosh I have to afford all of this and take care of this and that? I want an easy pet" for the microwave society of people, they like cheap, fast, easy.

Anyone want to join in putting paper notes on shelves secretly with "Betta fish require 5 gal. tanks or more, with a heater and a filter: RESEARCH YOURSELVES!!! Bettafish.com

=) We can all join forces and start a movement! If someone doubts our information, smile and still love them but really just a few people and even one person can make all the difference in a positive direction.
LugiaChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:13 PM   #76 
chrissylee13

haha that's a good idea!

if more people took the chance of having a single betta and caring for it how they should they would become addicts like us! lol. i think people are just so worried about not being able to have more than 1 betta fish in a tank. in all reality i think it makes them super awesome and really beautiful.

but ya know, i try my best to give out the right information on bettas at work. all i can do is tell the customers how they should be taken care of and let them decide. it's pretty half and half of who actually listens and who could care less.
chrissylee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:46 PM   #77 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I myself consider every new person we set in the right direction on here a small victory :3
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:13 PM   #78 
Thebettaqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvandert View Post
lol makes me almost want to get a job there and show them up :P
Same >3<
Thebettaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:34 AM   #79 
Litlover11

Honestly, I think they tell these people this stuff because they want the fish to die early. That way, the customer will keep coming in and buying more fish. One employee once told me that it was horrible that I was keeping my Betta in a 3 gallon and wanted to update to a 10 gallon. She insisted that he would be much happier in a quart bowl where he could barely move. Needless to say, I did not listen to her ignorant advice.
Litlover11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:55 AM   #80 
MollyJean

What kind of reasoning could anyone have for that? Oh, wait, kids these days would rather be locked in their bedrooms then play outside.. I guess it makes sense. >.>
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote