Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-15-2012, 06:23 AM   #1 
kmcclasky

does any one elses betta...

Does anyone else's betta not sleep Apollo constantly is up so is my little Orange girl live wire but everyone else sleep is that normal plus need tips on how to put betta females on diets safely three of my four girls are huge! It looks like if no one new any better they are swallowing gravel but there not
kmcclasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:20 AM   #2 
registereduser

I've been wondering about this myself.

Phillip is constantly on the move. He's extremely happy in his 5 gallon, flaring now and then, building nests, eats well......I'm just wondering if he would be even happier in a 10 gallon with a few more friends than just Pookie the Catfish? Pookie seems extremely happy as well, he never hides and he seems to like Phillip.

I have hiding places and resting places but I never see them using those "beds".

Maybe I'm just using this as an excuse to get a second tank?
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #3 
Myates

Fish will rest when needed- they don't sleep like us, but go into a state of rest.. and it varies on how long based on age and health, etc.

Bettas, like other fish, don't become "fat".. females tend to be more rounded as they carry eggs.. and when they grow their eggs out and become "eggy" they are even bigger.

A variety, and high protein diet is recommended, multiple small meals per day.

So the females could be eggy, or you are over feeding.. how much and of what are you feeding? And are the females together in a tank?
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:08 PM   #4 
kmcclasky

Well don't yell at me for this they eat a mixed food consisting of tetramin and bettamin they ate tetramin before I got bettamin and I have four girls.and they get barley half a pinch for fedding and usual two feeding one in morning one in evening
kmcclasky is offline   Reply With Quote