Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-13-2012, 07:08 PM   #1 
rckstr1253

Anybody have any ideas on what to use for a tank stand

Anybody have an idea what to use for a 10 gallon tank stand or have one they are willing to sell for a decent price? I would post this in the classifieds but I am interested in alternatives to a fish tank stand, and I don't have 100 posts yet which is required = (
rckstr1253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:33 PM   #2 
Shirleythebetta

Do you have a sturdy dresser? i actually use my two antique sewing machines that fold away into a base for tank stands. 10 gallons weigh like... a hundred pounds so if you have a sturdy peice of furniture that will hold the weight of a person that would work. Just has to be strong and level, also not wobbly.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #3 
rckstr1253

Unfortunately I only have one tall dresser like 5'8-6'0....which is too much for me to reach up on to clean the tank....and not the sturdiest of construction.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:08 PM   #4 
Shirleythebetta

too bad. hmmm you can buy a tank stand at places like walmart. They are metal tank stands. Not sure of the cost but you could look into it. Also sometimes you can find things like t.v. stands for pretty cheap too. Thats all I could think of for you :(
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:27 PM   #5 
thekoimaiden

I've placed 10 gal tank on sturdy desks and chest of drawers. Really all you need is a well-built wooden or steel piece of furniture. Even well-built bedside tables will work provided it has 4 legs. A 10 gal tank weights between 80 and 100 pounds. I usually test things out with my weight as I'm around 105lbs. If it can hold me and not wobble when I sit on it, I use it to put a 10 gal tank on.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:33 PM   #6 
MandiceP

If you are in the US you can go on Craigslist.com and try searching for something in your area... either a tank stand specifically or a small piece of furniture that would work. I just got a dry sink to keep my cat supplies in and use as a food prep station for them on craigslist for 25$ from a nice guy near by. It's really nice. I've gotten many things off of Craigslist in fact. You just have to be careful to make sure there are pictures and good descriptions, e-mail first to see if things are still available, and don't go alone to pick things up! Bring a big tough friend just in case. But mainly I've never had an issue buying anything from there... yeah
MandiceP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:50 PM   #7 
rckstr1253

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandiceP View Post
If you are in the US you can go on Craigslist.com and try searching for something in your area... either a tank stand specifically or a small piece of furniture that would work. I just got a dry sink to keep my cat supplies in and use as a food prep station for them on craigslist for 25$ from a nice guy near by. It's really nice. I've gotten many things off of Craigslist in fact. You just have to be careful to make sure there are pictures and good descriptions, e-mail first to see if things are still available, and don't go alone to pick things up! Bring a big tough friend just in case. But mainly I've never had an issue buying anything from there... yeah
Thanks....yea I was checking craigslist but only found one 10 gallon stand for $10 so I sent an email over but I got no response. Its been a few days now too....so I assume it isn't available.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:08 PM   #8 
MandiceP

Yeah. Check other listings daily tho as people post new things all the time. Also check out small furniture too! Hope you can find something!
MandiceP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:41 PM   #9 
vilmarisv

These are very sturdy. They hold 250lbs per shelf.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Whitmor-Su...Black/15104325
I had 2 10galons on one of these when I had tanks all over my apartment.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:43 AM   #10 
kfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilmarisv View Post
These are very sturdy. They hold 250lbs per shelf.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Whitmor-Su...Black/15104325
I had 2 10galons on one of these when I had tanks all over my apartment.
Oooooh I need something like this, too!

I also found this one, which is the same brand but a smaller/cheaper shelf.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Whitmor-Su...ndingMethod=rr

Holds 200 pounds and you can add another shelf later.
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote