Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-15-2012, 05:11 PM   #11 
Bombalurina

I left my sorority for 5.5 days without feeding them and everyone was fine when I got back. It won't hurt him. :)

+1 to Mathkid's suggestions. However, if a quart is a quarter of a US gallon, that's roughly 1 litre...so there isn't that much of a volume difference between the two bowls...both are seriously small, though. Maybe ask for a bigger one for a birthday? :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:28 PM   #12 
Bettabuddy4

@kfryman like kfish said, mother guiltrips are the worst, and by her last I mean the one before the 1.8 litre one.
@kfish yes, mother guiltrips are the best, they know your exact weakness, mine being liking to please my family, and thanks for the water changing idea, I've been trying to changfe as often as I can, put sadly enough, in her small tank it only seems to happen once a week.
@mathkid she doesn't really care about my betta, she didn't get her, she was a present from a moving friend, and I think she'd like to see me care a little less about my fish.
@Bombalurina Yeah, both are seriously small, I'm trying to get a new and bigger bowl, I did put the bowl I want, specifically the bowl I want so there are no more misunderstandings.
Bettabuddy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:36 AM   #13 
Aus

If you are asking for a larger bowl, why not a tank? Tanks have a larger surface area, and don't distort the view both ways. Or a Kritter Keeper, which are not expensive. Since those are pretty cheap, you could maybe ask for a heater, to go with it... I think I've seen people quote $US12.00 for a small, adjustable heater here.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:36 PM   #14 
daniomania

How many gallons was your last tank? where did she put the old tank? i say just find it or buy anew one with a heater and filter. the AQUEON BETTABOW. 2.5 GALLON is the bets. it comes with a heater and filter and its only about 30.00 maximin.. Iwould spend money n my fish than let it be stressed in its new home.....it may die if you leave it stressed
good luck!!! :)
p.s. petsmart has them! they are good!(fish tnak)
daniomania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:06 AM   #15 
Bettabuddy4

I was thinking about getting the Hawkeye 5 gallon tank aquarium and the Hydor mini heater.The filter on the Hawkeye would need to be baffled but I found out how to do that. My last tank size was 1.5 quarts, byt the current one is the Tetra Desktop aquarium bowl thing. I would buy all the things I want, except I'm broke and I won't be making any money anytime soon, as I am paying about 100 a month and thats how much I make. (Sorry for the rambling post)
Old 02-25-2012, 09:13 AM   #16 
kfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettabuddy4 View Post
I was thinking about getting the Hawkeye 5 gallon tank aquarium and the Hydor mini heater.The filter on the Hawkeye would need to be baffled but I found out how to do that. My last tank size was 1.5 quarts, byt the current one is the Tetra Desktop aquarium bowl thing. I would buy all the things I want, except I'm broke and I won't be making any money anytime soon, as I am paying about 100 a month and thats how much I make. (Sorry for the rambling post)
I have the Hawkeye with Hydor Theo 25W heater... it's a GREAT heater. Cheap on Amazon, too. And it works in a 10 gallon tank as well, in case you ever upgrade. :) It's in my 10 gallon currently since that heater died.

http://www.amazon.com/Hydor-THEO-Sub...pr_product_top
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:32 AM   #17 
registereduser

The parents of many of the kids on this board really baffle me and even make me mad!

Seriously! Thank the gods above that your kid is kind, compassionate and focused on something besides themselves and MTV.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:18 AM   #18 
Aus

^ +1 that
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:25 AM   #19 
pasoindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
The parents of many of the kids on this board really baffle me and even make me mad!

Seriously! Thank the gods above that your kid is kind, compassionate and focused on something besides themselves and MTV.
^^
I'm well past living in my parents house, but my mother still thinks my animals (other than my dog) are "silly" - and that even includes my horse. However, I had many pets growing up, and my mom and dad made sure that if I was responsible for an animal, it was my duty to make sure that animal was well taken care of. I don't understand these parents actively sabotaging their kid's efforts to improve a pet's life.
pasoindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:47 PM   #20 
Bettabuddy4

Thanks registereduser and Aus, and I don't get it either, my parents have taught me to be open-minded and caring, but they refuse to learn about proper care of bettas and stop being cruel to my poor fish.
@pasoindy, I don't think that they really realize that they are sabotaging, I just think that they don't understand and don't want to find out that everything they hav learned is not true, or they just don't care.
@kfish, do you know if they sell that heater at any stores, I try to avoid buying breakable products online, since they tend to end up broken when they arrive.