Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-31-2012, 09:48 PM   #1 
Andreaguir

Talking I am so so so glad I found this site!!!

Hey guys!!!

I will be adopting a female betta fish soon!!! I have been wanting to for a long time because it broke my heart seeing them in those little cups. I would have gotten one sooner but I was unemployed and I want to spoil my new princess so I just started this week as a cashier at Lowe's

I wanted a female since everyone seems to want to get a male...for obvious reasons...

I have been researching about their care and even bought a book but when I found this site I was amazed and relieved!! You guys made it so easy to understand so

I am getting a 10 gallon tank so my little princess can swim aaall she wants (don't know what im going to name her yet....) I have a pantyhose ready to test all the plants so she doesn't get hurt. My plan is to cycle the water and have her home ready with the heater, filter and decorations before I bring her. Then since I have a film/video certificate I will most likely be a paparazzi with her LOL

Thank you guys so much and I hope to get to know you all better!!!

Last edited by Andreaguir; 01-31-2012 at 09:59 PM.
Andreaguir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:21 AM   #2 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Hi Andrea and welcome to the forum

We're glad you found us and are looking forward to the adventures of your little princess.

Just be warned, bettas are addictive. I've got 6 but only because there's no room for 20 or so tanks.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:30 AM   #3 
Andreaguir

hey! thank you!!

oh I can see how they can be addictive! I cannot wait to get mine but since I am new to bettas...well any fish care at all...im limitting myself to one until i am confident!

This is also why I am so scared and doing soooo much research before getting my little princess! I dont want her to die with my unexperience which is why I am relieved for this site! A place to cry for help but also to brag and show her off!
Old 02-01-2012, 08:50 AM   #4 
a123andpoof

Welcome! Sounds like your doing everything right! I love that you are getting a female! While I love my boys my females are my favorite! I think they have more personality! And they are just adorable! Good luck!
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:52 AM   #5 
BETTACHKALOVE

I am not scaring you i just want to prepare you. There is always possibility though to buy sick betta. A lot of stores really don't do a good care of them and a lot of time you can bring sick betta home. But also a lot of time you can easily to treat them.

Just idea, when you will buy your princess grab aquarium salt and Epsom salt. Just in case of emergency. Aquarium salt you can find in the pet store; epsom salt you can buy at any pharmacy. Both have antibacterial/fungal effect. And it about $4 for each. I always like to have it just in case....

Good luck.
BETTACHKALOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:52 AM   #6 
Andreaguir

oh my! you know I did read on here about the possibility of a sick betta and how to test to see if she is a good candidate for adoption but I did not read about what to do if i bring home a sick one!! thank you I will certainly look into it!
Old 02-01-2012, 12:01 PM   #7 
tpocicat

Welcome to the forum! After you get your new princess, you may (like a lot of us) want to set up a sorority. I have 7 girls in my 30 gal, with plenty of plants and other hiding places, they get along fine.

And yes, they are highly addictive.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #8 
BETTACHKALOVE

Forum people will help with instructions if you ever need it. I hope you will not... The instructions that written on the box , not for treatment it just preventative. And you really don't need to use it on regular basis though.
BETTACHKALOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:07 PM   #9 
Andreaguir

That would be lovely!! After I learn and spoil my little princess I am sure she will want some girlfriends to play and gossip with LOL how many would you recommend for a 10gallon tank?
Old 02-01-2012, 12:10 PM   #10 
Andreaguir

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BETTACHKALOVE View Post
Forum people will help with instructions if you ever need it. I hope you will not... The instructions that written on the box , not for treatment it just preventative. And you really don't need to use it on regular basis though.
Thank you! You have no idea how glad I am to have found this forum!

Tags
betta, female betta, future owner