Betta Fish Forum banner

Figuring out SFB Freshwater Multi Pack frozen food

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  ravensgate 
#1 ·
I wasn't sure where to put this. I bought the Freshwater Multi Pack frozen food the other day and I can't figure out what is what. I know which one is the Spirulina Brine Shrimp because I have another thing of just that. But there are supposed to be bloodworms, Freshwater Frenzy, and Emerald Entree and I can't figure out which one of those is which. Two are dark green and look the same and one is a dark beige color. I cut into the two dark greens the other day and I know one is bloodworms, but didn't pay attention to which one was which. Does anyone have this figured out and can help me? I fed a small amount yesterday but one of the bloodworms was long (almost an inch it looked like) and my betta ate the whole thing. Then today gorged himself on shrimp eggs that one of my ghost shrimp dropped. So he's a bit bloated. I want to figure out which one of these cubes has the daphnia in it (I think it's the Emerald Entree) so I can feed that one a bit more often than the others as I read daphnia has a mild laxative effect. Or maybe I'd be better off just getting straight daphnia, but I'd still like to know what cubes are what in this thing. Oh and Mr Pig has been fasted today...well, by me anyway.

#2 ·
Sorry i really don't know the answer, but just want to say definitely be careful with overfeeding Mr Pig. If he is bloated then it good that you are fasting him. Also make sure that you remove uneaten food so it don't sink to the bottom of the tank , because it will contaminate the water. Well just for the future if Mr Pig refuse to eat lol

Also if other people will see this post i am wondering if there is a chance to get parasites from live food? I am not sure but i think i read that you can soak live food in the garlic juice to prevent parasites?

#3 ·
I don't remove any food because there is nothing to remove. I have 10 ghost shrimp in there that grab all they can. LOL! Mr Pig is fine, he was fasted and only ate a small amount of pea yesterday. Of course he became very aggressive towards my shrimp from his little fasting but everything should be back on track now:)

And I think I figured out the beige one is Freshwater Frenzy. If I could just decipher the dark green ones I'd be all set.

#5 ·
The Hikari frozen food I get says 'free of parasites and bacteria' on the package. To answer your question, YES they can get it from live food. I'm not feeding live, I'm feeding frozen:) If you are talking about frozen foods, just read the packages and you should be fine. As far as water changes, I change 25% about every 3 days. If you put too much food in or aren't running a filter, yes, it will dirty the water and you'll have to do more water changes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.