Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-15-2012, 06:45 AM   #1 
wishfull

Question How to twll if the Fin Rot has been cured?

Okay I have a Betta (Chopsticks) with Fin Rot).

And yes I know it's usually made by weakness due to water conditions/environment etc.
However I believe that he was weaker due to a cut he got from the tank breaking.

I assume it's fungal since I actually only noticed the rot yesterday when I compared the length of the fins (ie. deterioration is a straight) but there has been black flakes in the leaves the day before that.

So I placed him in a Quarantine 2.5L, which I know is small tank, did (per med instructions) 50% water change and replaced with medicated water (Jungle brand). And will do a 100% today (with med).

What I basically want to know was; am I doing the right thing?, how long should I continue this treatment for? and how will I know that it's finally cured? (you see I want to place him in a community tank).

Last edited by wishfull; 02-15-2012 at 06:47 AM.
wishfull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:53 PM   #2 
chrissylee13

i guess i wouldn't be sure if it were fin rot unless i saw him. if it's clean cut reduction in fins it usually means he bit it himself.

and i've never used the jungle meds or any meds myself for anything. i've only used AQ salt. and it works great for me.

i usually know if my bettas are cured by their activity and if they're eating like normal again. also i know it's stopped once i've noticed the fin regression has stopped. but i know when there's fin regrowth by the way the tissue looks where the fins were missing. usually there's light colored tissue forming where fins are healing together. if it's just on the end i honestly can't tell except the fins just look longer.

to help with fin regrowth use API stress coat + conditioner.
chrissylee13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, fin rot, sick