Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-10-2012, 12:50 PM   #1 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Question Moss Balls and Nerite Snails?

Hey everybody!

I will be getting my Nerite Snail, Speedy-Zebreika-Zeek-Zayn, today! I was thinking about getting a moss ball also for the 10 gal. with Honeycomb's new tank mate. I already have a massive amount of algae growing for the snail, and algae wafers. I have VERY hard water, and a high ph. The moss balls at my local petco are each in individual cups. If i were going to get one, each week during a water change should i swish it around in the dirty water and squeeze it out? Also, before adding the snail today, how do i acclimate it? Like a fish? Should i do a partial water change before adding it?

Honeycomb has been in this tank for2 years by himself, so we will see how it goes, although he is REALLY not aggressive.'

Cheers! XD
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:46 PM   #2 
megaredize

you can also QT the snail. snails keep back up water stored in their shell. ive been told before to QT snails to get that water from the store out of their shells. usually takes a week with daily water changes. but acclimating the snail is the same for the snail as fish
megaredize is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marimo, moss ball, nerite snail