Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-17-2012, 08:58 PM   #11 
trilobite

Meh, Ive seen worse. People raise and eat fish. Sure you wouldnt get much meat from one betta and theyd mainly be bones but if you wanna try and eat one why not?
fish is food, I would be scared of the diseases on it more than anything
trilobite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:24 PM   #12 
Jrf456

It disgusted me mostly due to the fact that I'm a vegetarian and don't eat fish in the first place, and I found this very rude, however I'm not the type to push my opinions on others, my parents eat fish right in front of me.

The thing that offended me was thinking of someone doing that to my fish. It was a couple of goofed up college kids, and just thinking of when I go off to university in 2 years, how pissed that would make me. These people obviously didn't care very much, as a pet, but I'm just saying as mine as I'm sure most of you fellow betta enthusiasts agree.

And that they just took the betta, put him in the sink with non dechlorinated water and just let him sit there and freak out first. Plus he was a gorgeous little pinkish veiltail. ):

Mod removed video because it offended some members, but if you'd like to see it if you missed it before he removed it, shoot me a PM.
Jrf456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:26 PM   #13 
Thebettaqueen

I've seen things such as a man putting boiling hot water and seeing what it does to the fish, to him making another video of him washing his third betta's bowl and such with soap. With comments such as " How DARE you do this you sick so and so." And he replies with " Fish F--" These are trolls. Sady, we can't do much about it. All we CAN do is love and care for the bettas we have, even if there are distressed and abused Bettas out there. I know if we could we'd safe them all, but that is a impossible mission.
Thebettaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:21 PM   #14 
GunsABlazin

+1 bettaqueen
GunsABlazin is offline   Reply With Quote