Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-17-2012, 12:43 AM   #1 
djembekah

I guess I'm just a nervous new fish mommy.

He's adorable though. And so quirky. His favorite thing to do is swim into the tightest corner he can possibly fit in. I'm so glad I brought him home. I still frantically check him every ten minutes!! Was the first week nerve wracking for you with your new babies?
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:55 AM   #2 
Arashi Takamine

Oh yes. The first week I had my late boy Akira I was checking on him every ten minutes and refused to sit anywhere else with my computer except near his tank. Same with Lelouch.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:22 AM   #3 
djembekah

yeah i sit right next to him lol. then he hides for awhile and i get up and look for him, then he'll peek at me or hide more.
gosh it's crazy how much i love this fish! <3 he's only been home since saturday. but seriously...i can tell i will probably want more...but at the same time i want to spoil him :)
Old 02-17-2012, 01:46 AM   #4 
Arashi Takamine

The addiction comes on quickly just wait he'll come out of his shell soon and once he starts doing little wiggle dances for food the addiction will be there..Permanantly. I'm waiting until it warms up a bit before getting another betta.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:51 AM   #5 
Aus

I got my first betta just a couple of weeks ago and yes -- I did exactly the same thing, checking him every 5 mins, and still panic over every little thing, lol.

Sid has charmed my entire household, even the people who aren't into fish. :)
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:56 AM   #6 
nina333pirate

we got our fish the same day (last saturday), i got 2 females and 1 male and ive been checking on them every ten minutes also, i just put the male in a 12 gallon and he absolutely loves hanging out under the filter where the water is falling its his fav corner. i cant wait to get another tank for my girls to either have divided tank or a sorority. and i cant wait to get my fish some real plants

Last edited by nina333pirate; 02-17-2012 at 03:58 AM.
nina333pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:51 AM   #7 
djembekah

everyday i'm more tempted to just get a ten gallon, divide, and work on a second betta, then also get a third as a rescue from the pet store. I think i'm already addicted! Right now he's swimming on the side of his tank near the lava lamp. He looks like he's asking "Why isn't the lamp on!"
Old 02-17-2012, 12:22 PM   #8 
KittKatt145

Oh yes! haha I was so paranoid that maybe the tank tipped over, or the heater over heated or the filter would break.........I was quite the worrier! But it gets better:) hahaha soon you will realize that you don't need to check on your lil guy all the time.
KittKatt145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:40 PM   #9 
djembekah

okay :3 he's just so fun to watch too. And now he sees that the lava lamp is on. He wants those bubbles to start moving!! sometimes i want to just hug him. But yeah i know you really can't lol
Old 02-17-2012, 01:22 PM   #10 
SlinkyInk

I'm the same way. I check my fish all the time. I worry every morning, will he be belly up? But I've had him for 2 months and I'm starting to relax. I know I'm taking care of him and he's happy
SlinkyInk is offline   Reply With Quote