Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-17-2012, 09:04 AM   #1 
chrissylee13

anything creative you guys use for aquarium stands?

soon i'll be moving into a new apartment that i'm hoping we'll love enough to stay for a few years. with much more room and in a great neighborhood! yay! and i was thinking of maybe getting a few more 10 gallons or a 20. and i wanted to know if anyone used some sort of shelving that would hold multiple tanks. something affordable too. i don't have hundreds of dollars to spend on aquarium stands. even though there is more space i want to try and make the best of it.

any pictures/links would be great! thanks!
chrissylee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:57 AM   #2 
Oldfishlady

For your smaller aquarium-you can sometimes find something to use for a stand at yard sales, thrift shops and the like....I use nightstands, small table and have made them using cinder blocks and 2x6....something sturdy enough to hold the weight of the tank...about 10 pound per gallon.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:19 AM   #3 
kfish

I'm going to get one of these!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Whitmor-Su...Black/15104325

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Whitmor-Su...ndingMethod=rr
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:31 AM   #4 
scootshoot

Naw, my 15 gallon sorority is just sitting next to my computer. My computer desk is large and of sturdy construction.

Notice my headphones and N52TE gaming controller to the right

Name:  002.jpg
Views: 892
Size:  68.8 KB
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:03 PM   #5 
OMB

I have a 6gal and hated that it costs SO MUCH for a stand (kinda ridiculous!), looked around a lot for something sturdy to hold 60+ lbs. And, behold Ikea! I'm using this http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70176519/ (Laiva desk) and it only cost $20! It's pretty sturdy too. I like that it has a channel in the back that you can put your food & other little supplies which hides it well. And it looks nice.
OMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:15 PM   #6 
chrissylee13

all great ideas!!! i feel like i've looked everywhere and found nothing haha. thanks for the ideas! :]
chrissylee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:19 PM   #7 
scootshoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMB View Post
I have a 6gal and hated that it costs SO MUCH for a stand (kinda ridiculous!), looked around a lot for something sturdy to hold 60+ lbs. And, behold Ikea! I'm using this http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70176519/ (Laiva desk) and it only cost $20! It's pretty sturdy too. I like that it has a channel in the back that you can put your food & other little supplies which hides it well. And it looks nice.
Hmmm. And they have an IKEA store < 15 miles from me. Never heard of that store til now, haha. Gonna have to take a driveby this weekend, thank you for the link! Am presently looking for a stand for my 2.5 gallon.
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:41 PM   #8 
Bombalurina

I got my stand from a Salvation Army store. It is rather an ugly white chest of drawers/bedside table/thing with purple moons and suns on it (obviously came from a child's bedroom). It is pretty darn sturdy, though, and hold my 16 gallon absolutely perfectly (it is very tall with a small footprint).

One day I will repaint it.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:57 AM   #9 
MaisyDawgThirteen

I use a cheap bedside table from Wal-Mart for my 10 Gallon and for my 5 Gallon I use a stool. :)
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:01 AM   #10 
Pitluvs

I have one 10g on my computer desk, another 10g on two end tables stacked on top of each other (out of little hands reach) and my 5g on top of my 50g L reptile tank. Then I have my 15g on top of my dresser in my bedroom. You could always do what I did with my 50g... get a 6 drawer long dresser. They hold a good bit of weight and could easily house two 10/20g tanks.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote