Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-07-2012, 12:18 PM   #1 
a123andpoof

I need pics of YOUR 2+ gallon tanks

While looking on pintrest I saw some pretty small and inhumane tanks being advertised, what I would like to do is post pictures of YOUR tanks with betta's. I would like to post them on there to show proper housing of the betta fish. I want nice pictures and I would like your fish to be visible in the tank. But a full view of the tank at the same time. 2+ gallons only.
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:31 PM   #2 
JBosley

Ohh I'm going to stalk this thread! Good idea.
JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:44 PM   #3 
a123andpoof

Thanks. While looking around I saw some really bad tanks. One was a bottle the size of a beer bottle. it was dirty and had a poor little fish! It was terrible!
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:01 PM   #4 
1fishBlueFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by a123andpoof View Post
Thanks. While looking around I saw some really bad tanks. One was a bottle the size of a beer bottle. it was dirty and had a poor little fish! It was terrible!
I've seen those too! I don't even have a fish yet but shouldn't there be SOME common sense here??! Just last month I totally told my vets office that their beta fish in a bowl with a plant on it was NOT a good home for him (they've upgraded their tank since I complained)

COMMON SENSE! Why do people not have it :(
1fishBlueFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:14 PM   #5 
1fishBlueFish

OP totally sorry for hijacking please don't be mad but I thought I'd show some people here the stuff that people think is 'good' on Pinterest. It's proof there needs to be some proper betta tank photos up too

These are a few and they are well liked :(
1fishBlueFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:54 PM   #6 
blueridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fishBlueFish View Post
OP totally sorry for hijacking please don't be mad but I thought I'd show some people here the stuff that people think is 'good' on Pinterest. It's proof there needs to be some proper betta tank photos up too

These are a few and they are well liked :(
Wow I didn't know that there was tanks/ideas about housing bettas that bad out there. I'm definitely following this tread and seeing where it goes.
blueridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:02 PM   #7 
JBosley

So this is my almost 2 gal fish tank I did have Dragonfly in a 1 gal in what I call quarantine, I have the worst luck with pet store fish so I always put them in the 1 gal for a week to make sure they are going to live before setting up the bigger tank!

It's a bit bare right now, and eventually he will get a nicer upgrade! But for now he seems to enjoy his 2 gal tank. Sorry about all the bubbles! I set it up last night, put him in it this morning and the bubbles like to hang out haha
Attached Images

JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:14 PM   #8 
nintendobratkat

I never had a fish before and I just can't fathom the idea of putting a fish in a super small tank. I mean, would you want to live in a bathroom? Nope. So why put a fish in something that small.

Here is my 5 gallon Fluval Chi.

nintendobratkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:25 PM   #9 
copperarabian

I once had to remove all the plants from my sorority because I was using coppersafe to treat the tank. My upstairs aquarium looked amazing with all the plants! I really want to get it all stuffed with plants again :) It's a great example of how a NP betta barracks should be :)

10g

16 sorority community aquarium
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:31 PM   #10 
LittleBettas

My 3 gallons (bare bottoms) some of the plants I had were tossed due to causing fin damage so they are still a work in progress...

Sammy

Eurydice (on the left)

Echo (top right)

I have 2 more 3 gallons that I don't have pictures of (cell is dead from taking pictures all day... SPAWN! lol)

My 5 gallon tank (Jackpot on the bottom)

10 gallon sorority (6 females- Merle, Anchovy, Dragon, Omen, Peanut, Honey)

2.5 gallon (currently houses Orpheus... I need new pictures of this tank!)

I have another 2.5 gallon (Dancer) that I have no pictures of... its a work in progress (trying to make it all live plants)
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote