Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-18-2012, 10:14 AM   #1 
SeniorD

Unhappy Female has Fungus..spreaded to male...

Hey everyone, I just recently got my first 3 betta fish. I keep my male and a female in a 2 1/2 gallon Betta tank that has a divider. The female shown some white cottony splotches on her two days ago. (I thought it was just because of the dirty water..(Even though I have a heater and an air filter bid enough for a 10g tank)) Well I noticed a very small white patch right under my males mouth after I took the female out and switched her with the other female I had in a 1g fish bowl. So now I'm worried it spread to my male and now too my second female since I don't have anywhere else to put them. I cleaned the water last night. The first female looked better then she did the other day but after reading online that the fungus is contagious I switched them out in fear of my male catching it. Well anyway... I know there is a Betta first aid kit for sale but I don't have the money to get on now so I was wondering if there is any other method with simply house hold items or anything like that, that could cure my fish. Thanks for any and all help!
SeniorD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:55 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

We need more detailed info and pics....complete this sticky and add to your thread....

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=49233
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:37 AM   #3 
SeniorD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfishlady View Post
We need more detailed info and pics....complete this sticky and add to your thread....

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=49233

Lol, well I already know what it is. It's a White Cottony Fungus. I have read how to attempt to fix it BUT my question was is there any other inexpenssive way of helping the situation without having to spend money. Well anyway, She is fine now after I changed the water 100% and so is my male. He in fact did run into the gravel and some Geodes that I had in there and the piece of fungus that was on the bottom of his mouth is now gone.

But thanks for attempting to help me anyway
SeniorD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:06 PM   #4 
chrissylee13

well, one of my males had a small patch of fungus. after treating him for about a week with 3 tsp of AQ salt per gal of water it cleared right up. that's probably the cheapest way to do it if you catch it early.
chrissylee13 is offline   Reply With Quote