Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-19-2012, 08:23 AM   #1 
sharon

Hi from the UK

Hi, have kept fish for years and have a 100 gal tank too, sushi is my first betta and has been with me for 18 months, recently recovered from swim bladder(overfed),thanks to this site, I live near Manchester England, work nights(!) like football, films, rock music and am a reiki master and teacher
sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:32 AM   #2 
Inga

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon View Post
Hi, have kept fish for years and have a 100 gal tank too, sushi is my first betta and has been with me for 18 months, recently recovered from swim bladder(overfed),thanks to this site, I live near Manchester England, work nights(!) like football, films, rock music and am a reiki master and teacher

Welcome to the forum! Always nice to have another fish lover to chat with. Tell me, do you seriously have a Betta in a 100 gallon tank? That must be the happiest Betta in the world, if you do. Sure beets the nasty little cups they house them in at the pet stores.

We LOVE photo's here so feel free to share.
Inga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:49 AM   #3 
fish monger

Welcome ! Looked up Reiki...very interesting. Is that what cured Sushi ? Also, do you like football or football:) Again, welcome.
fish monger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:56 AM   #4 
sharon

oh gosh, no, I,m English so i,l start again!!!!! I do have a 399 liter cichlid tank but sushi is in a little 4 gall tank,I,v posted a pic of him (not sure where it is, i think under "photos"as he nearly died last week, thanks to advice on here he has recovered, Epson salts and water changes for 14 days,I didn't expect to get so attached to him,I do reiki every day and also reiki "distant or absent healing" and believed it helped,i,m very much new to looking after such a little fish! yeah I like football (guess you call it soccer) we call your football, ----well----american football, we are a family of Man united supporters , anyone can add me on Facebook, its" sharon nickson"just look for the betta and mention the forum,so i know where ithe friends request is from,
Old 02-19-2012, 10:19 AM   #5 
willow

hello and welcome sharron
i'm from sunny England too,down in London,my OH likes man united.
what cichlids do you have ?
any other pets ?
willow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:22 AM   #6 
j dizzel

Welcome to the forum Sharon. New members with years of experiance and fresh ideas should always be allowed to share their knowledge. Look forward to reading your posts.
j dizzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:41 PM   #7 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Betta keeping......so glad you found us and joined our Betta keeping community......

Look forward to seeing pics and hearing more about your Betta adventures....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:15 AM   #8 
sharon

well this site saved sushi, I have four huge blood parrots, 6 blue congos, 6 rainbow fish, 4 cories, a rescue goldfish , a community 30 gal tank of misfits(fish with one eye, funny swimmers and other odd fish) a rescue cat called Mia who was dumped at the local vets , underweight, fleas, pregnant, no hair on tail or back end, bleeding gums, sore eyes, cat flu, is beautiful now, am finding my way around the site, have posted a pic somewhere,the only problem with it is that I seriously covert your tanks and bettas, they are all so nice
Old 02-20-2012, 11:32 AM   #9 
sharon

I have a web site about reiki, its WWW.simplyreiki.me.uk
Old 02-20-2012, 11:34 PM   #10 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Hi Sharon, welcome to the forum.

Always curious about reiki ..... to lazy to really learn about it though.
Yay for MU supporters.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote